• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Game Full] Revolution!

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
The countryside is in turmoil. For hundreds of years, the country of Dralin has existed under the iron hand of the government of Ashk, as a conquered territory. Those of Dralin have never liked this arrangement... and now they're doing something about it.

The regional government that Ashk set up is now working with the people to set up an organization to cripple Ashk and release their country from bondage.

This organization was started just a few years ago, and hasn't been stopped or even truly noticed by the Ashkian government. Despite being a young organization, however, the Dralin guerrilas have a large number of members, and are growing every month.

Dralin subdivides its guerrila workers into smaller cells, which utilize numbers as codenames. These splinter cells are similar to adventuring parties, and are given missions every so often. Each member is assigned to a group because they posess skills that will assist that group in its tasks.

Dralin 18 is such a group. It is a newer group, and has little experience. Dralin 18 has been planned on for some time, and is going to be given a few tasks to occupy their time and give them some experience with working in the field. Though the group has had quite a bit of training, they have had almost no real-world experience. The leaders of the revolution feel that now is the time for this group to be put to the test.

Unlike any other country in the world, Dralin is at a disadvantage when it comes to the forces. Its people dislike magic, as it is the force that Ashk favors. They cannot use much technology, as that which makes it into Ashk is usually illegal and makes Dralin splinter cells easier to prosecute. The land itself doesn't have an affinity for psionics, and is magically-aligned, so psionics are quite rare in the area.

-----

I'm looking for around 5-6 people to join this game. I would prefer it if none of these people were involved in the Psionicle - mostly because there is a slight possibility that the two groups may eventually meet and interact with each other (though I can't say how likely that is).

All players should have a posting frequency of at least one post every other day. Updates from the DM will be posted as necessary.

Players will roll their own dice, except in certain situations which will be pointed out by the DM. If you post actions and do not provide dice rolls, then they will be done for you by the DM.

This game is set in a world of my own design. If you have read parts of the Psionicle (see my sig for links), then you have an idea of what the world of Adnez is like.

For those who haven't encountered me or read other games that I'm in/running, a description of my style: The world is real. Your actions are real. Everything you interact with, be it an NPC, an object, or an idea, is real. Cause and effect are as real as they are in our own world in this place. Every action has a reaction, and so on and so forth. Things happen for a reason, and there is no exception to this - though your character may not be aware of said reasons. I also prefer a slightly more grim game than usual fantasy.

Dralin is set in the southeastern portion of the large country of Ashk, which is much like ancient Rome, in that it is expansionist and easily folds other cultures and nations into itself. It is a large nation, much of which is conquered land. Dralin is only one such conquered nation, but it is the only one that has rebelled (around 100 years ago, there was another rebellion of a different sort - but that's a different story). Dralin occupies only a small amount of the vast area of Ashk.

All characters should have a reasonably well-developed background and have at least a general idea of a personality. I know that I haven't gotten too specific here on the area that you're in, but if you have any questions that you need answered for your background (or just because you're curious), then I'll answer it to the best of my ability - or tell you that you don't know anything about that. I don't need specific names or specific places, but I do need highlights of your character's life.

Characters should be of good or neutral alignment. All ranges of alignment in the law/chaos axis are allowed.

The players can choose from the following races...

Code:
[color=white][b]Races	     Favored Class	Source	ECL[/b]
Human	     Any		PH	+0
Half-Elf     Any		PH	+0
Elf	     Archer		PH	+0
Dryad	     Druid		MM	+0
Halfling     Rogue		PH	+0
Tiefling     Rogue		MM/FRCS	+1[/color]

Dryads in Adnez, unlike normal dryads, are able to leave the oak that they call home without suffering any unwanted side-effects. Other than that, dryads have the following abilities:
+2 Dex, +4 Cha
Charm Person 1/day as sorcerer of dryad's level
Wilderness Lore and Knowledge (Nature) as class skills, regardless of class

Tieflings are not all evil, nor are they even inherently evil, but they are all descended from a dark angel that wanders the world, who is called Kali. All Tieflings can trace their lineage to her, at some point in their family line. Tieflings are sometimes, and formally, referred to as "Kali's Children". They are exactly the same as in the MM and FRCS, except for their stats, which are +2 Dex, +2 Cha.

Available classes are...

Code:
[color=white][b]Classes		Source		Force Alignment[/b]
Archer		[url=http://boards.wizards.com/rpg/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=110;t=002958]Here[/url]
Bard		PH		Magic
Cleric		PH
Druid		PH
Fighter		PH
Paladin		PH
Psychic		Asgard 6	Psionics
Ranger		PH
Rogue		PH
Sorcerer	PH		Magic[/color]

Force alignment holds more sway than normal alignment. The forces are what hold the world in balance. Divine magic, though it appears to be magic, is not actually magical in nature.

Magically-aligned classes gain PR and TR (Tech resistance) equal to 5 + caster level. Psionically-aligned classes gain SR and TR equal to 5 + manifester level. These resistances are inherent and cannot be "turned off". SR does not count against divine spells.

Clerics and paladins are limited to a choice of three deities: Windiar, the goddess of air; Ryuchitoran, god of nature and of the arakun; and Kolaita, goddess of healing. These are the only three deities whose churches are actively supporting the Dralin guerrila movement, and no other church will allow their priests or paladins to become involved in the conflict in Dralin.

All characters will be ECL 2 (either 2nd level normal char, or 1st level Tiefling). Use the gold amount given in the DMG for a 2nd-level character, regardless of race. You have 32 points, to put into each of the seven stats (the six standard, plus Perception).

Perception modifies Listen, Search, and Spot checks. It also modifies attack rolls with firearms. In addition, Perception modifies your darkvision and/or low-light vision: Per mod x 10 is added to darkvision; per mod is added to low-light vision multiplier. Races without either do not gain them, regardless of how high their perception is; humans can never gain either ability.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, and I'll answer ASAP.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
garyh said:
Looks interesting, GW. Count me in!

You're stunned, I know... ;)
[haunt]Alright, this infection has got to stop. Your going too far Gary, too blasted far. We will haunt you in every game you join, because of all the other games. I won't let you win! I won't! [/haunt]

I highly recommend GW as a DM around here. There are a few different tiers of 'skillz' and I'd put GW up with the top PbP tier.

garyh

First Post
All the more reason for me to try to get in on one of his games, creamy. :)

I'm leaning towards a human wizard (maybe diviner) at the moment.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
I, too, would like to make the shocking statement that I'm interested in this game... Probably be looking at a rogue this time around. hehe..

garyh

First Post
Wow, Jemal, that is shocking. ;)

I'm more and more leaning towards the diviner. GnomeWorks, will you allow the Loremaster PrC (or access to Tome and Blood) in the game? That may affect how I plan things out.

Maybe it's because I just posted the PbP FAQ, but the idea of playing Mr. Know-It-All appeals to me... :D

Timothy

First Post
There seems to be some space left, and I can't allow Garth joining games I don't, and I've heard wonderful stories of GW as a DM, so I'll join too if that's allright.

dpdx

Explorer
Such grizzled veterans... dare I apply?

If you'd have me, I'd like to join...

I have no aspirations of being in 23 PbP games... I have the core Rulebooks (PHB, MM, DMG)

I'm open to suggestion as to what the party could use - this world just sounds interesting.

garyh

First Post
Hey, dpdx, it's nice to see you finally throwing your hat into the ring from the peanut gallery! :)

If you have one too many players interested, GW, I'll glady step aside for dpdx.

But if not, I'm so into this game. :D

Priest

First Post
I would be interested in playing a Halfling Bard/ Cleric leaning towards a Talisien like Poet airs. (WARNING when I play bards Poetry sometimes is found in posts so I told you before you said it was ok. I am a poet wannabe at least)

Govannon Thistlesong

Dark Complexion little taller than the norm

3'4.5" with startling sky blue eyes that light up like blue lighting when he is excited or angry

Sometimes called a Zealot, other times a Fanatic of his Godess Rhiana ( or whatever Goddess of the Night, Fertility, and Music might be in your world. Rhiana is a quickly thought up Tripple Aspect Goddess of the Mother, the Crone, and the Maiden)

Here Domains are Night, Protection, Music, and Fertility
Alignment: NG
Favored Weapon: Shortsword, and Dagger, or Quarterstaff (as Crone)

All though as I was looking at the Archer class I came across the Shaman Core Class which fits my general character concept better for Govannon

its Here

Could I use that instead of Cleric???

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads