• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enter the HellMouth

Shalimar

First Post
I love the fact that they don't use modern weapons. It makes it that much more serious when one is pulled, and that has only happened once in Buffy (when Tara was killed, well they pulled a rocket launcher on the Judge too but that was when Xander was combat monkey boy), and once in Angel(With absolutely no effect other then making Wesley seem scarier).

That is the major reason why I don't particularly think we should use modern weapons they just don't fit. And they are probably not going to do damage to some of these things.

Corlon

First Post
I've seen mabye seven episodes

I joined it because D20 Modern slaying vampires was kind of neat, and if you look back in this thread, I was opposed to D20 Modern and buffy, but I figured I'd give it a try anyway.

I keep my opinion that all vampire slaying shows/movies are pretty dumb, but that's just me.
Blade had some cool action seens, and Buffy had some pretty good stuff in it, but have you seen Dracula 2000? :rolleyes:
I'm not even gonna go into the old vampire flicks... I'm a real fan of MST3K ;)

No guns? That's the best part of D20 modern. :D
Might not work on vampires more, but couldn't the plot of harry potter just be ruined with a gun?

"ha, I'm immune to your magic Voldermort," says Harry
*BAM* *thunk*

If this seems like a rambling post, I tend to do that, and I'm trying to get through this quckly :p

Timothy

First Post
It was meat sarcasticly, but I would have answered that to anyone that wrote such a post, so it's not a reflection on the fact I think you ramble a lot.

I just forgot the ;)

KitanaVorr

First Post
Corlon said:
I've seen mabye seven episodes
I joined it because D20 Modern slaying vampires was kind of neat, and if you look back in this thread, I was opposed to D20 Modern and buffy, but I figured I'd give it a try anyway./B]

Well as long as you try not to take away the Buffy feel of the game by introducing non-Buffy like elements, then I don't think anybody would mind at all you trying it out. I joined this game b/c I like Buffy and I want to play in the Buffy-verse with Buffy-verse type rules.

Becareful though, those who carry guns and use it in the Buffy-verse often come to a bad end ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads