• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enter the HellMouth

Jemal

Adventurer
So you wanna join the scoobie gang? Now's your chance.

Calling all Buffy/Angel lovers, all Vampire Hunters, and in general all PBP Addicts.

This is a d20 Modern game set in a 'world' based on the B:TVS and Angel series. 1st level characters, stat point buy with 30 points. This is the casting call thread. I need people to fill the following positions:
1 Slayer (Female hero - Either fast or strong)
1 Watcher (Male Smart hero)
2-4 Scoobies/white hats (Any type of hero)

With the exception of the Watcher, all characters must be between the ages of 14 and 16, have the Student Occupation and starting wealth of 2 (Instead of 2d4). The Watcher must be over 30, and can select any occupation that fits.

To audition, post your character, a small background(2-4 paragraphs), and what part you're trying out for in this thread. I'll e-mail you a situation and you email me a reply 'in character'.
Also, anybody who tries out for slayer but doesn't make it can still try out for scoobie if they want.

Characters may die, leave, or be added during the course of the series, it hopefully won't be static.

The series premier will 'air' in this thread on Thursday, January 9th at the earliest, or Sunday January 12th at the latest.

Any questions post them here.
1 more note: I am NOT to be called a GM or anything, I am the director.

Last edited:

GWolf

First Post
(Trying for a white hat, I'm also assuming Alex's Parents bought him a fairly decent pc)

Alex Gurlukeavitch
(Alex G.)

Height: 5’11”
Weight: 187lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Light Brown

Smart 1
Student: Research +1 Computer Use +1 Knowledge (History) +1

Str 10
Dex 10
Con 10
Int 18
Wis 10
Cha 14

HP: 6

Defense: 11 (Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10)

Action Points: 5
Wealth Bonus: +2

BAB: +0
Melee: +0
Ranged: +0

Fort: +0
Ref: +0
Will: +1

Speed: 30'

Initiative: +0

Skills:
Computer Use +12
Research +9
Forgery +10
Search +10
Knowledge (History) +8
Decipher Script +8
Knowledge (Technology) + 8
Disable Device +8
Craft (Electronic) +8
Investigate +8
Repair +7 (1 rank)
Diplomacy +6
Bluff +6
Disguise +6

Languages:
English
Russian
French
Japanese
German

Feats:
Simple Weapons Proficiency
Gearhead
Meticulous

Talents:
Savant (Computer Use)

Possessions:
Clothing

Alex Gurlukeavitch is a teenager of Russian decent. He himself is not a Russian immigrant, but his great grandfather came over in 1947 after WWII. He lives at home with his Parents, John and Loraine. John is a white-collar worker for some big business corp.; Loraine is a nurse at a hospital near the neighborhood the family lives in.

Since Alex was a very young child he has always been very bright and good at choosing his words. Once he got his hands on computers they became his outlet to the world he was pro at them, the best of his age most likely. In school Alex is a great student, his favorite topic being history, which he knows a great deal about from research through books and the Internet.

He has always had a knack for impersonation and forging documents, absent notes, fake ids, and so on. He is primarily a computer hacker (explorer, or adventurer as he calls himself) so these skills are rarely seen as much as his hacking and other computer related skills are.

(Edit I changed some feats and skills)

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OK, first official house rule

NO COLOURED TEXT
I don't care whether it's easy to read or not. I don't care what your reason is.
NO COLOURED TEXT

Other than that, no problems so far.

Jemal

Adventurer
Only the Watcher and the Slayer will have to take tests. Whitehats/scoobies get in as long as the characters good.

As for seriousness.. If you've seen buffy/angel, well, basically as serious or un-serious as you guys make it! :D
Comedy/action/drama/sci-fi/suspense type of thing.

KitanaVorr

First Post
LOL...muahaha....give me a moment...I've got a rather interesting idea for a slayer. Several in fact. Can I audtion three times? :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads