E2: The Secret of Gemhold [Patlin Judging]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]good point, nope missed that. He only has a +3 then. I'll adjust the failure in my post above. That might alter your post too though, feel free to if you like.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Before entering teh combat at teh side of his two companions, Ridik decides to heal Rodimus who is still weak. He converts his remove paralysis into an healing spell. (Heal: CMW (2d8+7=19) )

[SBLOCK=Spells]Spell Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance x2, Light, Read Magic
1: Bless, Command, Divine Favor, Doom, Shield of Faith, *Comprehend Language
2: Bull Strength, Calm Emotion, Remove Paralysis, Spiritual Weapon, *Speak with Animals
3: Magic Circle against Evil, Prayer, Protection from Energy, *Dispel Magic
4: Divine Power, Speak with Dead (D)
*Domain Spell[/SBLOCK]

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Run, little piggy..."
Rodimus jabs at the hobgoblin's throat, then throws two more punches its way, hoping for that satisfying crunch.
[sblock=OoC]Can't get to Invisible Castle right now. Bonuses if somebody rolls for me before I get the chance:
Flurry of Blows with PA1 and Prayer, +10/+10/+5, 1d10+7, Stunning Fist on the first attack (Fort DC 16 negates)[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[Round 3 Cont]

Nars misses.

Percy blasts the two hiding bolters down the hallway. They both yelp in pain as they burns.

Rodimus pummels the hobgoblin who fell. The hobgoblin falls again for what Rodimus assumes is the last time.

Ridik moves in and heals Rodimus.

[Round 4]

The one bolter beside Rodimus drops his crossbow and draws a shortsword but is unable to connect with the half-orc.

The two bolters down the hall peak out from behind the doors. Each has a blackened face from the recent blast. They both fire at Percy and one makes it through all of her magical protections. She feels poison enter her system despite the relatively minor wound.

The door next to Percy also crashes open revealing a rather large bugbear weilding a wicked looking flaming spiked chain. "Come get some little wench."

Bugbear
~Map~

[sblock=ooc]Rolls: Ref. H6, H7 (1d20+5=12, 1d20+5=17) fail, fail
Atk Rodimus (1d20+10=14, 1d6+5=10) miss
Atk Percy (1d20+11=19, 1d10+3=13, 1d20+11=29, 1d10+3=8) miss, hit (8dmg, poison save DC 24)

Stats
Percy - 48/55hp (AC24) - bless, prayer
Rodimus - 39/74hp (AC17) - prayer
Ridik - 58hp (AC19) - bless, prayer
Nars - 49/49hp (AC20) - bless, prayer

Hobgoblin 1 - 80 damage - DEAD
Hobgoblin 4 - 12 damage - prayer
Hobgoblin 5 - 81 damage - DEAD
Hobgoblin 6 - 27 damage
Hobgoblin 7 - 27 damage[sblock=no peeking]Hobgoblin Bladebearer 6th level
Init +7; darkvision; listen +1; spot +1
AC 19, t12, ff18
hp 56
f 7, r 5, w 3
spd 20
melee +1 short sword +11 (1d6+6)
Full: +1 short sword +11/+6 (1d6+6) and +1 short sword +11/+6 (1d6+6)
base +6/grp +8
s16,d16,c15,i10,w12,c8
feats: toughness, 2w defense, 2w fighting, wf (short sword), ws (short sword), improved init, impr. 2w fighting
skills climb12, jump10, listen1, ms9, spot1, tumble8
possessions 2 +1 short swords, +1 banded armor, ring of protection +1, potion of cure moderate wounds

Hobgoblin Bolter 6th level
Init +7; darkvision; listen +1; spot +1
AC 19, t12, ff18
hp 56
f 7, r 5, w 5
spd 20
melee short sword +10 (1d6+5)
ranged +1 crossbow +11 (1d10+3 + poison)
base +6/grp +8
s16,d16,c15,i10,w12,c8
feats: toughness, point blank shot, rapid reload, wf (crossbow), ws (crossbow), improved init, iron will
skills climb12, jump10, listen1, ms9, spot1, tumble8
possessions +1 heavy crossbow, +1 banded armor, ring of protection +1, potion of cure moderate wounds, vial of poison (3 doses purple worm poison) [/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Percy squeels in pain. In her years of adventuring, she's rarely been injured, so effectively have her friends protected her.

"Careful!" she says to the bugbear, pointing at his weapon, and pops back through the door, by Ridik to end up between her old pals Rodimus and Nars.

OOC: Cast grease on the bugbear's flaming flail. Hopefully he's just a fighter, and not a rogue, too. He must beat a reflex save of 17 to avoid dropping his flail, and if he does drop it, he must beat that to pick it up again. Not her most powerful spell, but I want to get her past using Magic missiles all the time. And if it works, it could be pretty funny.
Spells availabe: 6/8/8/6/4. Used 0/7/0/2/0.

Remove ads