E2: The Secret of Gemhold [Patlin Judging]

Dalamar

Adventurer
Rodimus closes the rest of the distance to the giant and then smashes his fist into its back, attempting to drive the wind out of it.

OoC: Move and then attack, using Stunning Fist (DC 15)

Large size (space 10ft; Reach 10ft)
Speed 50ft (10 squares)
AC 20, Touch 16, Flat-footed 17; +2 Deflection vs. evil
(+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Natural, -1 Size, +3 Monk)
HP 26/56
Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +8; Resistance bonus on all saves increases by +1 vs. evil, +1 Morale vs. fear
Unarmed +10 (2d6+8 magic bludgeoning) or +9/+9 (2d6+6) with Flurry of Blows

Spells Bless, Cat's Grace, Enlarge Person, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil
All durations measured in at least minutes.
Prayer (Untill Ridik's turn, included above)

Manzanita

First Post
Percy smiles as the demon goes down and her friends are all still alive. It looks like the giants are the only major opponent left. Her bottom lip then curls out in a pout, as she can't use her fireball against them. So it's back to 'Purple Fire!"

OOC: magic missile damage vs Giant for round 8: 14!
Percy's stats:
AC 16 w/mage armor, 20 w/full defense
Spells remaining after round 8: 6/2/6/1
HPs: 45

Erekose13

Explorer
[Round 8]

Rodimus attacks giant, his huge fist slaming into the giant but failing to stun it.

Ridik follows Nars and Gorefoot.

The giants and treefolk continue to wrestle though the last animated tree falls under the onslaught. The freed giant turns on Rodimus and attacks but both fists miraculously miss.

Nezrak fires his crossbow and manages to hit. The small crossbow bolt is lost in the rolls of flesh on the giant.

The nomads and with the thorns continue to fight the giants, spreading their attacks amongst the two of them.

Percy magic missiles one of the giants.

Gorefoot and Nars move towards the giants and will be in reach to charge next round.

[sblock=ooc]
Damage Recap:
Ridik = 16 dmg
Nars = 25 dmg
Rodimus = 30 dmg
Gorefoot = 31 dmg[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Ridik continues to close on the Giant. He tries to avoid teh AoO. If someone else has taken it, he will try to charge the Giant.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Now in position, Rodimus lets loose a couple more jabs at the giant. He notes the passing of the speed enhancement with some regret, but then comes to the conclusion that it is only fair for the giant.

OoC: Flurry of Blows, with Stunning Fist on first attack (DC 15). I don't think it'll fail the save, but no point in letting the uses go unused.

Large size (space 10ft; Reach 10ft)
Speed 50ft (10 squares)
AC 20, Touch 16, Flat-footed 17; +2 Deflection vs. evil
(+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Natural, -1 Size, +3 Monk)
HP 26/56
Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7; Resistance bonus on all saves increases by +1 vs. evil, +1 Morale vs. fear
Unarmed +9 (2d6+7 magic bludgeoning) or +8/+8 (2d6+5) with Flurry of Blows

Spells Bless, Cat's Grace, Enlarge Person, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil
All durations measured in at least minutes.

Manzanita

First Post
Percy continue to rain fire on the surviving giant. "Good job, everyone! We've got them on the run!" She shouts, though her voice is probably drowned out in the chaos.

OOC: magic missile damage vs Giant for round 9: 8!
Percy's stats:
AC 16 w/mage armor, 20 w/full defense
Spells remaining after round 9: 6/1/6/1
HPs: 45

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars continues toward the giants. As he gets close, he slides in under the giant's reach and brings his sword to bear.

OOC:
Tumble +12

Base stats for battle
HP: 18/43, AC: 23 (27 vs giants), Attacks: Felhunter +10 (1d6+3+3d6 sneak attack) or Felhunter and shield +8/+7 (1d6+3, 1d3+1+3d6 sneak attack)
+4 AC vs giants. +1 to hit vs goblins.

Spells active: bless, shield of faith

Erekose13

Explorer
[Combat Wrap-up]

With one giant distracted with the last treant, the party lead by Rodimus quickly take down the other. The giant shudders under the assault of fist, missile, and sword, falling to one knee before collapsing.

The last one, severely wounded from the brawl with the treants is likewise an easier battle. Rodimus grapples with it as well and with his mighty strength manages to reduce it to unconsciousness in a few quick seconds.

When all is said and done the Siege of Gemhold lasted but a few minutes. The nomads round up or drive off all the remaining goblins. The buildings remain unexplored as does the mine at the moment.

ooc: I must apologize to all again. I am in the process of buying my first home and it has been a very busy time for me. I'll try and push this to conclusion quickly.

Velmont

First Post
Ridik looks around, seieng all the wouded and the dead. "Is there any of our allies who have fallen in combat?" asks Ridik to teh leader of teh Barbarian. "If they are on the edge of the death, I can still stabilize them so they can see another day, even if I won't be able to put them on shape today."

Manzanita

First Post
Percy examines each of her friends to assure herself they are still alive. She is thrilled that they did as well as they did. She marshalls any capable survivors to keep an eye on the tunnel entrance to be on guard against a counterattack.

"Nars, be a dear and have a look at the bodies, won't you? They might have something valuable."

OOC: At least it's a buyers market in real estate out there.

Remove ads