• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

In spite of all my criticisms, I should like to point out that I am having a lot of fun here at LEW. And that I appreciate all of the hard work of judges past and present.

Thanks everyone!

Kahuna Burger

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
Hmm... but who would play a character for so long as to get up to levels where that would be worthwhile, just to kill it to trade it in for something else? I mean, even min/maxers get attached to characters...

well, one answer would be they have a character concept they also want to play that requires a higher level start (LA+ etc). Another would be that they've 'written the character into a corner' as it were and see it as time to retire (I think permanently writing out or NPCing a character would be just as good as actually killing it for this purpose). This was almost the case with my cleric, when her most natural motivations as I had written and was playing her were at odds with what I would enjoy doing as a player, and could have happened to another had she gotten too attached to a family she helped rescue. Yet another would be if the character was the type that by rights should die gloriously in battle at some point and thats just how it goes.

Sometimes being attached to a character means wanting to finish up their story and leave the adventuring track, rather than playing it forever. And sometimes you're more attached to a new idea. ;)

Kahuna Burger

Kahuna Burger

First Post
hopefully easy feat request - if Doubletrouble Sara ever levels, can I use her feat slot for a +2/+2 feat not part of the official list? Specifcly I'd like to give her a boost on her gladatorial aspect with a Intimidate/Perform double. If there is strong opposition I can just do skill focus intimidate, but in spite of its meaninglessness in game mechanics terms I want her to get better at the performance aspect, fricka fracka cross class skills when it makes as much sense as for a monk or rogue, fracka fricka...

Kahuna Burger

Creamsteak

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
hopefully easy feat request - if Doubletrouble Sara ever levels, can I use her feat slot for a +2/+2 feat not part of the official list? Specifcly I'd like to give her a boost on her gladatorial aspect with a Intimidate/Perform double. If there is strong opposition I can just do skill focus intimidate, but in spite of its meaninglessness in game mechanics terms I want her to get better at the performance aspect, fricka fracka cross class skills when it makes as much sense as for a monk or rogue, fracka fricka...

Kahuna Burger

Name it, propose it, and I promise that I'll get the judges to give you a definite yes or no as soon as possible.

dpdx

Explorer
From reading the thread, (and I'm only guessing here,) would the players like to conclude the current combat with the construct (ooh - alliteration), grab XP, and return to the Red Dragon?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Also, I just noticed... who is my judge for In Service of Orussus? I know I've got Uriel to judge for my new game, but both In Service of Orussus and my Dwarven Golems and Old Ruins game need judging. Actually, nex that. DGOR will end, and I'll start a new thread for the party in Allimon.

So I need judging for my adventures: In Service of Orussus, and Tracking Down Sullivan.

dpdx

Explorer
Thought it was me (In Service game), since I'm subscribed to the game thread.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads