• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 modern - Friday the 13th] Do *you* have what it takes to be a camp counsler?

Jemal

Adventurer
First off, I thank you for coming up with the cool character, but unless there was a reason for the 'duncan hopper IV' name, I'ld prefer to be "Jemal Marshals IV". Oh, and you didn't put his age down, he's 19.

Feat: Is there a difference between "martial arts" and "Defensive martial arts"? What does each do, and I'll pick one. Jemal/Duncan's been in a lot of fights.

Skills: I'm thinking instead of Craft(writing), I should have spot. (Jemal is very sharp-eyed)

Possesions:
2003 Jeep
Discman, with many CD's (Including but not limited to; No doubt, Limp Bizkit, Eminem, Disturbed, Swollen Members, and Mozart)
1 Switchblade knife (Kept in inner pocket)
1 Hunting knife (in backpack)
Leather Duster (Kinda like a trenchcoat)
Charger + extra battery for cell phone.
Tazer (If I can get one.. hehe)

Alleigances: Ethics(chaos)

More History/info: Always wears black or red if possible, likes to act in gothic films and horrors. He's here to get a 'woodsy feel' before he goes off to play a psychotic killer in a camp-slasher pic (OOC: guess he's gonna get a lotta insight as to how his victims will be feeling *L*)

BTW, what are action points for?

I can't think of anything else right now. If I do I'll edit.

trimeulose

First Post
Re: John Whitfield

perivas said:
If you have room for one more...

Here's my high school camp counselor. Please note that I don't have Modero D20 and created this character based on what I could surmise from other posts. Have a look and tell me of any errors with him. Thanks!

Name: John Whitfield
Race: Human
Class: Strong Hero 1
Height: 295 lbs
Weight: 6’2”
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown

Description: John has a rather hefty build, which seems to hide his physical strength and limited grace. He keeps himself neatly dressed in clean T-shirts and jeans and his trusty leather coat and baseball caps. His short-cropped brown hair, clean-shaven face and easy smile lends him a babyface.

Background: John grew up as the older son to a middle income family in a medium-sized town in non-descript middle America. He’s lived in the straight and narrow and basically an un-extraordinary life. He’s currently a high school junior and the star hitter on his high school baseball team, playing 1st base on defense due to his lack of great mobility. He struggles with his weight, although his great physical strength allows him to carry it rather easily. His great interests outside of baseball is the study of biology, which he intends to pursue in college, and roleplaying games and related research (along the lines of the occult).

He’s pretty much an ordinary guy, who’s working at the camp for the summer for some extra cash.

John Whitfield: human strong hero 1; occupation: student; CR 1; medium humanoid; HD 1d8+3; hp 11; Init +5; Spd 30’; AC 13 (flat-footed 12); Atk +6 melee (1d6+7, crit x2, baseball bat); SQ Melee damage +1; Affiliations: school baseball team, friends, family; SV Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +0; str 18, dex 13, con 16, int 15, wis 11, cha 14

Feats: improved initiative, weapon focus (baseball bat)

Skills: climb +6 (2 ranks), computer use +5 (2 ranks), drive +2 (1 rank), first aid +1 (1 rank) knowledge (arcane lore) +3 (1 rank); knowledge (current events) +3 (1 rank), knowledge (earth and life sciences) +6 (4 ranks), knowledge (pop culture) +4 (2 ranks), perform (storytelling) +4 (2 ranks), research +4 (2 ranks), swim +5 (1 ranks)

Languages: English, Latin

Equipment: backpack; baseball bats (Louisville slugger & aluminum bat); baseball caps (a collection for every occasion); cell phone; digital camera; duct tape; face paint; first aid kit; flashlights (1 regular & 1 miner’s headlights); Jeep Wrangler (1995 year model), which is a little beat-up, but otherwise in good condition; laptop computer; leather coat; magazines (6 months of Scientific American & National Geographic), on which he’s trying to catch up; pocket knife; pocket watch; repair tool kit; textbooks (college freshman level – Biology and Chemistry), which he’s been reading to give him a headstart later; whistle

I'm guessing you want as your starting occupation STUDENT. FOr starters you have 2 to many skill points.

I'ld lose the skill First Aid (its referred to as treat injury in the book). It would make you even on the skills.

Since I'm assuming you've taken student as your starting occupation, I gave you the skills Perform, Research, and Earth life sciences. These are always class skills for you.

Nothing should cost you anything except your jeep. A 1995 is gonna run about 12 grand if you purchase it in really good condition add in insurance increases and other costs your looking at around a purchase DC of 26 to 28, you might want to talk to Angelsboi about it.

Your wealth is currently a +1 (+1 student) that means that even if you took 20 you cant afford it. Sorry.

Wealth +1 (student)
Reputation is +0
That seems to be everything

Lestasia

First Post
Mercy DeWitt

I made her without books, I just pieced her together from the other PCs posted on the board. If I meesed her up or left something out just direct me to it and I will fix it pronto. If you don;t have room for any more than just let me know when the sequal begins. Thanks!

Mercy DeWitt
Human, Female, Blond Hair, Blue Eyes, Age 17
5'3" 100lbs 36DD-24-36
Student

Mercy is your typical "good-time girl" who is free with her love and the lust of all the guys young and old alike. Her hair flows down past her hips and her eyes are large and sparkling blue. She has a luscious figure ripe for fun and pleasure. She came to Summer Camp as a consoler to get away from her parents and meet some cute guys.

HP 7 (d6+1), Mas 12 Def 12 Init +2 Spd 30
Bab +1 M +3 Ranged +3 U +4 1d6
Fort +2 Refx +3 Will +2
Rep +2 Wealth +1 AP
Str15 Con 12 Dex 14 Int 11 Wis 14 Chr 16

Feats/Talents Simple Weapons Proficiency, Brawl, Blind-Fight, Coordinate talent +1

Class Skills: 28
Bluff 7/4+3, Diplomacy 5/2+3 Disguise 7/4+3 Intimidate 5/2+3
Perform (Dace) 7/4+3 and Tumble 6/4+2, Swim 6/4+2, Jump 6/4+2

No ranks Craft (visual art, writing) +0, Gather Information+3 Knowledge (popular culture) +0 Handle Animal +3 Profession +2 Read/Write Language (none), Speak Language

perivas

First Post
I was thinking that all camp counselors should know a little bit of first aid or the like. Therefore, I would like to keep it. Which of the skills listed would be cross-class skills, besides treat injury or first aid? I think I would rather just bump downward some of my skills to keep it.

As for being unable to have the Jeep...hmm...doesn't seem unrealistic to me. Oh well, maybe we can just say that I still owe $10,000 on it or something!

Jemal

Adventurer
Perivas - As soon as trimeulose (Or someone else - anyone with the book?) gets back to me on my last set of revisions, and whether it'll work, we could work something out. Perhaps you are one of Jemal's friends, and he bought you (Or helped you buy) a jeep, and you now owe him a (BIG) favor? etc, etc.

Depends on how much wealth a 1995 jeep would run me, though. I've only got 11 left right now, after buying my lambourghini diablo ;)

Last edited:

trimeulose

First Post
I edited your character a while ago jemal, sorry I didnt mention it earlier. I think everything is in order.

Btw with your weath Jemal, you could buy a Lambourgini Diablo You would cut into your wealth buy 2d6 +1 but you could do it

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC : I've made a few changes to my character and am reposting him here, so that he's by "my" hand. Thank you for all the help, Trim. (BTW, I decided to go with the diablo afterall. ;) MWAHAHA)

Well, I'm ready if we're going to start soon. If we're not, anyone know where I can find a listing of some more stuff I could buy, or could someone post some ideas? (Oops, there goes the greed...)

Jemal Marshals IV (male human) Age 19

Action Points: 5
Hit Points: 1d6+2 (8 HP)
Occupation: dilettante (knowledge pop culture) +1 to reputation +6 to wealth

Str 14
Dex 17
Con 12
Int 16
Wis 13
Cha 18

Fort: +2 Ref +4 Will +1
BAB: +0;
Melee +2 (1d6+2, Brass Knuckles)
or (1d4+2, switch blade (knife))
or (1d6+2, Metal Baton)
Ranged +3 (1d4 electrical +special, taser)
AC: 14, 15 vs melee, 11 flatfooted
(+3 dex, +1 Feat, +1 Leather Duster)

Skills (total/ranks):
Bluff (9/4), Diplomacy (9/4), Disguise (8/4), Drive (5/2), Gather Information (8/4), Intimidate (8/4), Knowledge(Behavioral Sciences) (5/2), Knowledge(business) (5/2), Knowledge(current events) (6/2), Perform (Act, sing, dance, stand-up) (8/4), Profession (actor) (5/4), Spot (3/2)

Talent: Fast Talk (add level to bluff, diplomacy, and gamble)

Feats: Windfall, Defensie Martial Arts

Wealth: 2d4 (7) + 1 (Profession) +6 (dilettante) +3 (windfall) -6 (Lambourghini Diablo) = 11

Posessions (that he has with him and cost nothing to his wealth):
2 weeks clothes (trendy), Drivers License, snacks for a week, collection of magazines, gameboy advanced, book on acting techniques, multipurpose tool, Digital Camera, Cell Phone, Backpack + Sleeping bag, tent, penlight, floodlight, 1 roll of gaffers tape, 1 pair of reflective designer sunglasses, Discman, with many CD's (Including but not limited to; No doubt, Limp Bizkit, Eminem, Disturbed, Swollen Members, and Mozart), 1 Switchblade knife (Kept in inner pocket), 1 Hunting knife (in backpack), Leather Duster (cross between Trenchcoat and Leather Jacket), Charger + extra battery for cell phone, Taser (1d4 electrical damage, victim makes fort save DC15 or be paralyzed for 1d6 rounds)

Items that cost wealth:

Lambourghini Diablo (2d6+1 wealth = 6 Wealth)

This guy is the fourth generation of the wealthy Marshal family. Unlike the business men before him, Duncan only wants to persue his career as an actor. He does everything in his power to get out from the shadow of his father while remaining true to his acting career.

He's come to the camp to get a feel for the camp atmosphere before his next slasher film.

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Don't worry Lestasia, I'd assume you were in the boat for the sequel, like me.

I've decided my character will be a 30 yr old, french, private investigator. I'll change it if it can't be fitted in.

He has had extensive surgery to deal with a rare illness he was born with, this has left him a little worse for ware but he does his best to stay fit, eg. camping, outdoor activities, hiking and the like. He likes big game hunting with his .440 Cor-Bon Desert Eagle (.50 AE shells necked down to take .44 bullets, used for hunting), fitted with a 10' barrel and scope for range (I wouldn't know how to price that). His personal side arm is a Beretta 96 Brigadier Inox (no different from 92F really except uses .40 Smith & Wesson rounds, basically a 92F with a different name and ammo). He has had some interaction with cultists and the like through odd missing person jobs and the like which is why he has knowledge(arcane lore).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads