• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Candara : OOC Thread

Jemal

Adventurer
Allright, here we go:

1. Finnegan's leadership score :
9 with regards to Cohort (Lvl 6, 32 stat points, 8,000 GP)
11 with regards to Followers(6 Lvl 1 followers). Unfortunately, followers can only be NPC classes (Expert, Adept, Warrior).

2. Father Antonio, that posts good, you guys don't have to run posts by me unless it's something that has to do with changing major rules/history, etc (Your story about Chrystalla does fall under that category, but it's a good one, so from now on that's the history of the lady of peace)

3. Auldurveg, you gain a level and 2 stat points. I'm assuming that "div4" class is a wizard-Diviner?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Gustaf
Medium-Size Human
Fighter 2/Sorcerer 4
Hit Dice: 2d10 + 4d4 + 12 (41 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 17 (+2 Dex, +5 Chain Shirt)
Attacks: +8 Firebrand; or +8 Gustave's Sword
Damage: Firebrand 1d8+1, Gustave's Sword 1d10+2
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities:
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +4
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 13
Skills: Craft (Weaponsmithing) +10 |9|, Handle Animal +7 |5|, Jump +7 |5|, Knowledge (Arcana) +5 |4|, Knowledge (Nobility) +5 |4|, Ride + 9 |5|, Spellcraft +5 |4|
Feats: Ambidexterity, Weapon Focus (Long sword), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword), Weapon Focus (Bastard Sword), Combat Reflexes, Leadership
Languages: Common, Draconic

There is the stat block... it'll be a little while before I can finish the rest, and I might switch some feats out, but this pretty muc surmises my concept's interpretation.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
That's three people with the leadership feat now, isn't it? Looks like I'll get in this after all. I belive someone else has Auldurveg.... Depending on how the others with the feat want to do it, they can design the whole character, or let me design the character within the parameters they want. Up to them, whichever wants me.

Creamsteak

Explorer
My Charisma should be 14, I forgot to add the level bonus...

I'm not sure how to do spells, if I propose some spells for my character, would that be ok?

I've got a "theme" to work with.

Tree, Flame, Tone, Beast

or in other terms: Plant Related/Fire/Sonic/Beast Related

Creamsteak

Explorer
SF2-gustaf.jpg

Art of Character: Gustaf

Jemal

Adventurer
Gustaf's leadership score (If he doesn't change it out, or change his Cha) : 8 (10 with regards to followers if he gets a base of operations).
Gustaf - How were you going to work those swords?
Also, for spells : Just do it like is says in the PHB. If you want to follow a theme, select your spells to distinguish that.

ATTN ALL : Sometime tommorow I'll be changing the name of this thread to "Candara OOC Thread", this is a heads up to everyone.
And we now have *counts*

Creamsteak - Gustaf
Lichtenhart - Father Antonio
National Acrobat - Ariel
Argent - Tal
Uriel_fire_of_Heaven - Finnegan
DRS - Thomas Reaver

6 characters posted (Although not all 'done'). I'm going to be starting the action up in the "Intrigue in Candara" thread. I beleive that's everyone, if I missed anyone, please inform me, though I'm pretty sure that's it.
anyone with a cohort, make sure they're ready fairly soon.

Here's a bit more background on what's been happening lately.

First: I realized I've left out some political info, so first here is where the power lies in each of the 5 countries of Rekbar. (all those of you that have posted so far are in Candara's Capital city, Satoon)

1. The Kelt Imperium - LE Magocracy(Wizards), led by The Emporer *BLANK* {If anyone knows Celtic stuff, I could use some help with a celtic name, and I apologize for making them the badguys. *L*}
2. The Realms of Ukko - LG Theocracy(Church), guided by the High Priestess Qatara.
3. Extoria - NE Queen Aesha
4. The Jormungand Wasteland - CN Tribes, Most powerful tribe is Forenmyr
5. Candara - CG Diplomacy, recently elected Minister Steinburg

2nd: Recently Her holiness, Qatara, has been trying to negotiate a truce between the Emporer of the Kelt Imperium, and the Elected Minister of Candara. Given that Ukko has a close connection with Chrystalla and Aphrodite, and the main religion of Candara is composed of Chrystians and Aphrodesiacs (No pun intended, in EITHER of those names, they just happend. *L*), the Emporer has grown increasingly convinced (falsely, of course, claims the preistess) that Qatara is favoring the Candaran Minister. As you will see after reading my first IC post, the Emporer has decided to forego any more Diplomacy in favor of... well, you'll see.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
I don't have a Base yet, but all it should take me is time. I sent you links to two stories, one about Gustaf's Final Moments (a character goal to achieve is the destruction the "egg" (edilritter) in that story. Also, I included the more important history of Uncle Gustave XIII. Gustaf has the sword now (by whatever means necessary) or he has to get it from Master Ventarbre. Either way, his first goal is to get his fathers sword, then the Firebrand (The Kelt Imperium would have it). The Firebrand is "cursed" and takes time to master.

There's a way around this curse, and my character fits the criteria, so I'll try and keep you informed. I've likely spent time researching this particular vein so I'll need to know some things.

1) I should definitely know the location of the temple where Firebrand is held, currently without a king to hold it.

2) I know Ventarbre (LG Mage/Knight) has Gustave's blade if he hasn't given it to me already.

3) I've devoted some time to locating an appropriate "liege." The criteria I'm using to select this person is: "Young" "His underlings are older and more experienced than him" "Has few real friends because of his position of power."

That's what I need to know to decide my exact motivations at the moment.

I'll be posting to IC soon enough.

Lichtenhart

First Post
I updated my post above with mundane items, and these are my prepared spells for today.

Spells per day: 5 / 4+1 / 4+1 / 3+1 ( DC 14 / 15 / 16 / 17 )
0)Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Light, Mending, Read Magic
1)Bless x2, Divine Favor, Entropic Shield, Shield of Faith + Sanctuary
2)Calm Emotions, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Zone of Truth + Detect Thoughts
3)Dispel Magic, Magic Circle Against Evil, Remove Disease + Protection from Elements

Only one thing is missing: languages. Which languages are spoken in this world?

I'd say Father Antonio lives in a little city not too far from Satoon, and he's going to the capital to meet the old friend who sent the letter. (I still have to figure out who he is, though. Any suggestions? :))

Jemal

Adventurer
I don't think we need to worry about that anymore, I think you'll notice that I had an idea of my own regarding the letter.

Sorry If I interupted any RP plans you had, but I like to start with a bang.

As for languages, the most common are:
Common, Keltish, Extorian, Tribal, Elven, Dwarven, Gnomish, and Halfling. Also, all other languages from the PHB exist.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads