• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Candara : OOC Thread

Creamsteak

Explorer
I think Lichtenhart knows "of" my character, and I think my character falls under Knowledge: Nobility DC 5 (King) + 5 (King's Brother) + 5 (Son of King's Brother) + 10 (Believed to be dead) so DC 25 methinks.

I'm Keltish, and very much astranged to my home. I havn't been there is 15 years (I'm 22 now), so I shouldn't draw too much attention.

You can know me as Gustaf, which is actually an Alias.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
And now I shall go a-cohorting.

Abesh Runihan: Male Half-Elf Rogue 2/Bard 3; CR 5; Medium Humanoid; HD 5d6+5; HP 27; Init +2; Spd 30ft; AC 13; Atk +2 Melee (1d6-1, Shortsword) or Atk +2 Melee (1d6-1 subdual, Sap) or +6 ranged (1d2-1 subdual, masterwork Whip); SA Sneak Attack +1d6; SQ Traps, Evasion, Bardic Knowledge +6, Bardic Music (Inspire Courage, Countersong, Fascinate, Inspire Competence); AL CG; SV Fort +2 Ref +8 Will +3; Str 8, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 16.

Skills and Feats: Bluff +13, Decipher Script +5, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +11, Forgery +8, Gather Information +11, Hide +4, Innuendo +7, Intimidate +11, Move Silently +9, Perform +11 ( Fiddle, Harmonica, Dance, Poem, Tabor, Trumpet, Shawm, Song), Read Lips +8, Sense Motive +8, Use Magic Device +5; Persuasive, Multicultural: Human (+4 Diplomacy with chosen race).

Possesions: 2 vials of alchemists fire, Bracers of Armor +1, disguise kit (10 applications), entertainer’s outfit, Heward’s Handy Haversack, Masterwork Herald’s Trumpet, Fiddle, Harmonica, Tabor, Shawm, Potion of Jump, Potion of Spider Climbing, Scrolls of Arcane Mark, Erase, Unseen Servant,, Short Sword, Wand of Cure Light Wounds(25 charges), Masterwork Whip, Tuning Fork (Fine Tuning cantrip at 2nd caster level 3/day). 135 Gold Pieces.

Spells known (6/3): 0th- Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Fine Tuning, Ghost Sound, Mending, Percussion. 1st- Detect Secret Doors, Message, Silent Image
Spells per Day 3/2

Abesh's father is unknown, but his human mother was the unfaithful wife to a Candaran merchant; she died shortly after he was born. Being the youngest of eight children, but still loved by his father, he grew up happy and unattached to most material possessions. His first love and chief joy is music, and his most prized objects his instruments, of which he owns many. He has had, of course, many a love besides that, and he enjoys many other pleasures- if asked what he wants in life, until recently he probably would answer "Wine, women, and song, although not necessarily in that order.” As such, his patron god (although he is not strongly affiliated with any) is Aphrodite.

The news of war, however, brought along with it the loss of much of his father’s holdings and the disappearance of his sister Amy, a soldier stationed at one of the destroyed cities. Abesh, already fiercely patriotic but vague on what one does if one wants to be heroic, has sought out one Thomas Reaver, a man of whom he has heard many tale- he is a madman, a brave man, a liberator- and would fain serve him.

Notes:
Fine Tuning makes an instrument Masterwork for 1 minute/level. Percussion creates sounds of drums for 5 minutes/level. They’re both from Song and Silence.

If possible, I’d like to use the rules from song and silence that each instrument, if masterwork and used by someone with Bardic Music ability, either modifies an existing Bardic Music effect or create an entirely new one. Assuming that you allow this rule, the instruments I use do the following, respectively:

Fiddle- Can maintain two different bardic music effects at once, i.e, both fascinate a foe and inspire courage.
Harmonica- Warms the hearts of Common People. Fir 1d6 hours after a performance, gain +4 to Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, and Gather Information among them, and -4 to intimidate.
Tabor (a drum worn around the neck)- when inspiring courage, +4 against fear but +0 against charm.
Trumpet- When inspiring courage, damage to attack and to damage increases to +2, but the bonus against charm is reduced to +0.
Shawm (a flute- like instrument)- as Harmonica, but among the aristocratic.

This'll be cross posted to the Rogue's gallery thread.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Gustaf
Human, Bard 6
Hit Dice: 6d6 + 12 (38 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 20 ft.
AC: 18 (+2 Dex, +6 Armor)
Attacks: Gustave's Sword +9 or MW Longsword +8; MW Shortspear +7 or MW Light Crossbow +7
Damage: Gustave's Sword 1d10+4, MW Longsword 1d8+1, MW Shortspear 1d8+3, MW Light Crossbow 1d8
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Class Abilities: Bardic Music, Bardic Knowledge
Race Abilities: Bonus Feat, Bonus Skill Points
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +4
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 17
Skills: Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12, Disguise +12, Gather Information +12, Perform (Acting) +12
Feats: Ambidexterity, Exotic: Sword, Bastard, Focus: Longsword, Focus: Sword, Bastard

Spells Per Day: 3/4/3/-/-/-

0th Level Spells (DC 13)
Dancing Lights
Daze
Detect Magic
Ghost Sound
Prestidigitation
Read Magic

1st Level Spells (DC 14)
Charm Person
Cure Light Wounds
Hypnotism
Sleep

2nd Level Spells (DC 15)
Hold Person
Sound Burst
Suggestion

Inventory
Quiver with 30 MW Bolts
+1 Breastplate
MW Light Crossbow
MW Disguise Kit
Entertainer's Outfit
MW Longsword
MW Shortspear
Gustave's Sword
126 Platinum Coins

Total Weight Carried: 79

Age: 22 Gender: Male Weight: 176 lbs. Size: Medium Height: 6 foot 4 inches

Experience: 15000

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
CS, I think Father Antonio could have met a younger Gustaf at his mentor's home. It's up to you how much he knows about you and your real identity. Probably he knows something (your mentor was a good friend to him, maybe?) but hasn't recognized you yet.

Creamsteak

Explorer
If you met me, there are two time-frames.

Before the age of 7, because on my seventh birthday I was kidnapped by my transformed father (turned into an evil red dragon), and kept.

After the age of 15, when Master Cielmer and Ventarbre convinced the now-lost dragon to give me up. If you know me from this point on, you know me as Gustaf or Gus. Cielmer died recently, and his assistant became Arch-mage of the Kelts.

If you know me before 7, you know me as Phillippe the II, but you don't "know" it's me. I now "pretend" to be the second grandson of good master Kelvin and lord Gustaf's younger sister, but I'm not.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads