• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaign Ideas!

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
You beat me too it, creamsteak- I was going to reccomend those very rules.

I'd like to play too, if I may. I do have one question, though- how are the characters that rely on inner power (sorcerer, psion) going to be developed through roleplaying? Could you give examples of what sort of things you would do, if you were attempting to gain class X? Potential crossed signals exist in abundance, here, methinks- Cleric and Paladin, Ranger and Druid, Sorcerer and Wizard, etc- a character might think they're indicating one, but the DM takes it to be another.

dreamthief

First Post
Hm.. I've been toying with the idea of starting a campaign with animal characters, where the PCs are awakened forms of either Wolves or Ravens in a 'young' world. (Why only Wolves or Ravens? Coz it sounds cool that's why. ;) ) These animals are given the task of helping the 'new race' (humans) out by some Mother Earth like spirit.

There'd be very little dungeon adventuring, and more small quests to be completed for an epic campaign to slay the last Dragon, who is out to destroy the 'scourge' of humanity. Can you blame him? ;)

But I'd want time to develop feats and cool spells for the animals.
The ravens would hurl themselves at lightning speed at their foes; wolves would blur in and out of shadows and travel miles in a day. They'd engage in duels with Elemental Creatures that have capitalised names for passage, all the while tackling the minions that the last Dragon sends down. Ooooh... ;)

But time.. oh time.. The clock is another demon.. it devours our time in Eden... maybe when I'm retired. ;)

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
dreamthief said:
Hm.. I've been toying with the idea of starting a campaign with animal characters, where the PCs are awakened forms of either Wolves or Ravens in a 'young' world. (Why only Wolves or Ravens? Coz it sounds cool that's why. ;) ) These animals are given the task of helping the 'new race' (humans) out by some Mother Earth like spirit.

I'd play in that, if you'd expand your animals to include Coyotes... The coyote is my spirit animal (Wile E. Coyote specifically, but other coyotes as well), so I'd have to jump at the chance :)

Remove ads