• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaign Ideas!

Drawmack

First Post
hmmm, maybe training needs to be worked into the campaign. I've got an idea - maybe we are all students and so after each quest we receive some training. This way at level 1 we can put some ranks into trained skills.

Timothy

First Post
could be done, could be done, but that would mean the childeren have soemone else to turn to, making adventuring pretty difficcult.

Therfor I like the ruined city setting. Hmm, maybe a bit more survivors, who have chosen to train the children, as they themselves are old.

Drawmack

First Post
like the old ninja master type thing.
Player: But master do you not take care of the orcs yourself.
Master: I am far to old and frail for such tasks.

So he sends the kids that he is training.

Timothy

First Post
yeah, something like that:

Setting: ruined City, only very few survivors (a couple of kids and a couple of ols men.
Rules: humans only, 10 point buy, advancement will go with stats and skill points given to you by the DM, no classes available at start up (will be chosen in-game)

Drawmack

First Post
I am in, a couple questions

1) would you like a background?

2) would you like us to tell you the class we would like to take eventually?

Timothy

First Post
Drawmack said:
I am in, a couple questions

1) would you like a background?

2) would you like us to tell you the class we would like to take eventually?

Nope no background needed, you'll make your own, since your only 8 years old. The class you eventually take is decided through roleplaying.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
I STILL am so seriously tempted to startup a game of epic proportion 30th level worth of XP and goods and seeing what people come up with using Creamsteak's rules as they work out rather well...

Creamsteak

Explorer
Leopold said:
I STILL am so seriously tempted to startup a game of epic proportion 30th level worth of XP and goods and seeing what people come up with using Creamsteak's rules as they work out rather well...
What rules?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Re: Re: Re: Campaign Ideas!

Timothy said:

I would like to play it as a PbP. The biggest obstacles are indeed the rles, we'll meet the problems you've described and much more.

You don't have to make a character up, because you all start the same (only different stats) and probarly all human.
Maybe I could start it up if there are enough players, and work out the rules then.
D20 Modern has rules for Child Characters. They have the normal point-buy of their position (Hero or Ordanairy), but they suffer negative ability score penalties till they are able to take a class.

Str -3, Dex -1, Con -3, Int -1, Wis -3, Cha -1

And when they gain their first class level, all of these negative modifiers are removed. I'd say, start with size=small for children under 13, and D20 modern states that each character has a d4 hd till they gain a class, minimum HP is automatically 1.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads