• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Make a Soundtrack for your campaign (another AI Thread)

M_Natas

Hero
After making pictures with just some words, AI can now make songs with just a few prompts.
I was astonished how far that came so quickly again. Just some month ago Music AI could do some seconds ... and now they can do full songs.
Everybody can try it out at www.udio.com
You can put in your own lyrics or let it autogenerated lyrics from your prompt. It works in a way that it makes 33 second chunks of music that you can then extend. You describe what you want in terms of lyrics and music style and then let it do the rest.

For both my campaigns (DM and Player) I just played around to make a fitting soundtrack:

This is now the Theme Song for the Campaign I'm currently playing in: Udio | Die Guten - New Theme Song - Epic by A.B. | AI Music Generator - Official Website

This is the Teme Song for my Spelljammer Campaign I DM (Lyrics in German - it can do several languages): Udio | Spelljammer Intro by A.B. | AI Music Generator - Official Website
The Encounter-Song for the big battle of my last session (Night Scavver vs Level 4 Party): Udio | The Terror of the Asteroid Belt by A.B. | AI Music Generator - Official Website

And some songs for the PCs in the Campaign were I'm a player:

The love story about our Cleric and Rogue: Udio | Aeons' Embrace by A.B. | AI Music Generator - Official Website
The story of our Tiefling Bardlock and how he lost his familiar Fritzi: Udio | Pact of the Crossroads by A.B. | AI Music Generator - Official Website
The Theme of my Wizard Halfling going crazy with power: Udio | The happy Wizard by A.B. | AI Music Generator - Official Website
And the Story of my Wizard Halfling - how meeting the party saved her: Udio | Aris Story by A.B. | AI Music Generator - Official Website

And as a bonus (our session started today one hour late) The Song "Waiting for the Players and DM ... but they are late": Udio | Waiting for the Players and DM ... but they are late by A.B. | AI Music Generator - Official Website

For somebody who has no real musical talent, this is astonishing. So, everybody use it for your private campaigns. It can be a fun surprise for your players or your DM when you make him a soundtrack. All the caveeats, critique and stuff that also applies for AI images also apply here - so I would only use it in private at the table and not for any commercial projects. Also like with AI pictures sometimes you will have a lot of artefacts or it doesn't do what you imagined your prompt will create, but to make some funny songs for your campaign it is easy to use.

Tips for creating songs I figured out so far:

6 lines of Song fit mostly into the 33 second chunks that are created.
You can use tags like [Verse] [Bagpipe solo] [spoken] [chorus] in the text to force certain things.

Stormonu

Legend
Thank you and damn you for this at the same time :D !
This is really fun to play with, and yet so hard to get it to sound like you want. I really like what you did for the Happy Wizard and the Terror of the Asteroid Belt is pants-soiling fun (once it gets into the song).

How many iterations did you find yourself going through before you were happy with what you ended up with?

Stormonu

Legend
Playing around, I cam up with this Dragon's Mire.

"A party of adventurers tracks a black dragon into the swamp, where they are subjected to its hit and run tactics, ending with a final climatic battle."

What data is this trained on? What company is bankrolling this?

I am broadly wary of large-scale computing generative models that threaten to reduce the ability of creative people to earn a living by making art.

I'm not sure how this plays out, but I don't really want to engage with it until I have figured out an ethical endpoint.

Marc Radle

Legend
What data is this trained on? What company is bankrolling this?

I am broadly wary of large-scale computing generative models that threaten to reduce the ability of creative people to earn a living by making art.

I'm not sure how this plays out, but I don't really want to engage with it until I have figured out an ethical endpoint.

Agreed 1000%

M_Natas

Hero
Thank you and damn you for this at the same time :D !
This is really fun to play with, and yet so hard to get it to sound like you want. I really like what you did for the Happy Wizard and the Terror of the Asteroid Belt is pants-soiling fun (once it gets into the song).
Thanks
How many iterations did you find yourself going through before you were happy with what you ended up with?
It depends. When I make the lyrics myself it can be 2 or 3 tries per 33 second chunk. When I let the AI make the lyrics it can take much longer.
It also depends on the Genre and if the AI can understand what you want to do.

Like ... in the one campaign the Bard found a "Dudeldachs" which would translate to something like a "Badger bagpipe" - and I can't get the AI to make what I envision that would sound like, because it is obviously not trained on creative nonsense players make up out of DMs misspronouncing stuff.

Weiley31

Legend
Eh for me, the Baldur's Gates 3 OST, The Witcher OST, The earlier Assassins Creed Osts, The Hellish Quart Early Access OST, and Hades OST all handle my DND games.

Geralts' stage theme from Soul Calibur 6 is great for epic moments.

Remove ads