• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bite Me!

Krizzel

First Post
MDaddict said:
Im in if its DnD, I could do it if its D20, but im old and don't like having to learn new things. Ill look into your Hyperlink, give me a few minutes and ill post my thoughts.

EDIT: Since IM new to D20 Modern, if it is that, can it be low-level? and, are we Vamp, or anti-Vamp?

d20 Modern pretty much is D&D, just with different classes, weapons, etc.. All the nuts and bolts work more or less the same.

EvilMountainDew

First Post
There are different spells and things, too. I will be in no matter what, but note that Im just now reading about d20, so Dont expect me to use past knowledgw

Festy_Dog

First Post
Room for one more? :D

What things would we need to look at if for this vampire game? Could we use the D&D vampire template with some tweaking?

Jemal

Adventurer
I'm thinking of using the base template with a few changes. I'll post the Special Qualities and Weaknesses from d20 Modern Vampire template. We'll also be adding more to the lists, so if you have an idea, post it.

What I'll do is work out a 'point' system, and you 'buy' the qualities your vamp has. You also spend points to get rid of weaknesses.
You'ld start with X points, no special qualities, all special weaknesses, and work from there.

Special Qualities: A vampire retains all the special qualities of the base creature and gains the additional special qualities described below.

Blood Drain (Ex): A vampire can suck blood from a living victim with its fangs by making a successful grapple check. If it pins the foe, it drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of temporary Constitution damage each round the pin is maintained.

Create Spawn (Su): A humanoid or monstrous humanoid slain by a vampire's energy drain attack rises as a vampire loyal to its creator (called the master vampire, or simply "master").

Domination (Su): As an attack action, a vampire can crush an opponent's will just by gazing into his or her eyes. The vampire can attempt to dominate only one target at a time, and the target must be within 30 feet and able to see the vampire. A target that fails a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 vampire's Hit Dice + vampire's Charisma modifier) becomes the vampire's thrall for 1 day per Hit Die of the vampire. If the vampire commands its thrall to do something blatantly self-destructive, the target can make a Will save to break the vampire's control. If the save succeeds, the target becomes free-willed.

Energy Drain (Su): A living creature hit by a vampire's slam attack gains two negative levels. A creature killed by a vampire's energy drain attack rises as a vampire under its creator's control (see Create Spawn, above).

Alternate Form (Su): A vampire can assume the form of a bat, rat, or wolf as a move action. The vampire can remain in that form until it assumes another form or until the next sunrise.

Children of the Night (Su): Vampires command the lesser creatures of the world and, once per day, can call forth a pack of 4d8 rats, a swarm of 10d10 bats, or a pack of 3d6 wolves as a full-round action. These creatures arrive in 2d6 rounds and serve the vampire for up to 1 hour.

Damage Reduction 15/+1 (Su)

Fast Healing 5 (Ex): A vampire heals 5 points of damage each round so long as it has at least 1 hit point. If reduced to 0 hit points or lower, a vampire automatically assumes gaseous form (see below) and attempts to escape. It must reach its coffin home within 2 hours or be destroyed. (It can travel up to nine miles in 2 hours.) Once at rest in its coffin, its hit points rise to 1 hit point after 1 hour; the vampire then resumes healing at the rate of 5 hit points per round.

Gaseous Form (Su): As a move action, the vampire (and all its gear) becomes insubstantial, misty, and translucent. The vampire gains damage reduction 20/+1 in this form. Its armor (including natural armor) ceases to modify its Defense, though other modifiers (such as from Dexterity and size) still apply. The vampire cannot attack or use supernatural abilities while in gaseous form.

A vampire in this form can remain gaseous indefinitely and has a fly speed of 20 feet with perfect maneuverability. It can pass through small holes or narrow openings, even mere cracks. Its gaseous form is subject to wind and cannot enter water or other liquid.

Cold Resistance 20 (Ex): A vampire ignores the first 20 points of cold damage from any cold-based attack.

Electricity Resistance 20 (Ex): A vampire ignores the first 20 points of electricity damage from any electricity-based attack.

Spider Climb (Ex): A vampire can climb sheer surfaces as though with a spider climb spell.

Turn Resistance (Ex): A vampire has +4 turn resistance.

Darkvision (Ex): Vampires have darkvision with a range of 60 feet.

Weaknesses (Ex): A vampire has several weaknesses, described below. A vampire can have fewer weaknesses, but each lost weakness costs a vampire one of its other special qualities. For example, a vampire that is immune to the effects of garlic might be unable to summon children of the night.

Direct Sunlight: The merest sliver of sunlight deals 2d6 points of damage to a vampire. A vampire exposed to direct sunlight for 1 full round must succeed on a Will save (DC 20) or be consumed by fire and destroyed utterly.

Garlic: A vampire cannot enter or pass through any 5-foot square containing garlic. A vampire takes a -2 penalty on melee attack rolls against a target wearing garlic.

Holy Symbol: A vampire takes a -2 penalty on melee attack rolls against a creature prominently wearing or brandishing a holy symbol. The symbol's touch deals 1d4 points of holy damage to a vampire, and a vampire reduced to 0 hit points in this fashion is destroyed utterly. This holy damage can be healed only by inflict spells (see page 348).

Inviolate Sanctuary: A vampire cannot enter a privately owned residence unless invited in by the rightful owner or tenant.

Mirror: A vampire in view of a mirror cannot use its domination special quality (see above).

Running Water: A vampire cannot cross running water (but may be carried across). A vampire immersed in running water loses one-third of its remaining hit points each round until it is destroyed at the end of the third round.

Wooden Stake: Wooden weapons that deal piercing damage (such as wooden stakes, spear shafts, and table legs) threaten a critical hit against a vampire on a natural 20 (unless noted otherwise), even though vampires are normally immune to critical hits. A successful critical hit destroys a vampire instantly, turning it to dust.

Jemal

Adventurer
sorry, forgot to post that.. You've got two choices.

Vampire (Lvl TBD)
Scoobie (Lvl TBD, but 2 higher than the vamps)

This is assuming nobody minds the buffy setting. If there are people that don't wanna play in the buffy setting, i'll just make the two games VAMPIRE and BUFFY, instead of having them in same setting.

Timothy

First Post
Well, I think I'll play anyway, but I've got some problems with the wizard link. But I'm currently downing the doc. It's going really slow,o don't expect a character soon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads