• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Xael

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
With his absurdly subpar HP, Almayce is like the canary in a coal mine and would have been dead long before now if there was any variety in the enemies beyond 'Melee bruisers with no ranged attacks that can be avoided for a long time by hiding in the back'.
OOC: It's kinda funny that Almayce's second adventure had an extremely long fight with wererat rogues armed with crossbows in a dark forest. Almayce spent 20 charges from his wand of CLW and all his spells in that fight. That was also the only time in his other adventures that he got knocked out to negative hit points. He was one of the two people left standing though (the other one was an NPC).

But most of the time, Almayce has managed to stay behind meatshields without too much trouble. This adventure has easily been the most dangerous one for him, due to it's hordes of enemies.

Almayce has also been waiting for 3 levels to get the money for the +2 con item. Of course, during that time he has only lost money. :lol:

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: Well, with Michael unconcious, Ironwolf will suggest that he ought to be healed before Ironwolf is given such a blessing... once Michael is concious, he should be able to heal himself and others!
(OOC: Eternity may want to do Michael rather than Hulgyr then. Vigour for 35 Temp HP followed by a 6d10 transfer, I imagine. Comes out to 33 transfered on average, so two spillover in case it rolls high)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You've also been helped in that due to being at the Mystic Theurges weakest levels, Almayce has never been enough of a threat for enemies to care enough to try to get at him past the meatshields. But for instance, I could have thrown a much weaker encounter at you with a level 6 Sorcerer who spams Fireballs and the first one would have KOed or (if above average) killed Almayce almost by accident!)

Xael

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Hmm...I just did the math and realised that Xael used the wrong line. Based on his calculations, I believe Almayce qualified for the 4th-level line because he was technically 4th for that encounter. You needn't worry--we'll just have Almayce add the extra 500 some instead. You two both capped at 14999, so you should have exactly the same XP.
OOC: With time xp, I think that would put Almayce at level 7. 14,999 + 5,553 + 450 = 21,002. I figure that should be true for Eternity also.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Xael said:
OOC: With time xp, I think that would put Almayce at level 7. 14,999 + 5,553 + 450 = 21,002. I figure that should be true for Eternity also.
(OOC: That is indeed exactly her XP. I knew I correctly analysed it!)

Erekose13

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Hmm...I just did the math and realised that Xael used the wrong line. Based on his calculations, I believe Almayce qualified for the 4th-level line because he was technically 4th for that encounter. You needn't worry--we'll just have Almayce add the extra 500 some instead. You two both capped at 14999, so you should have exactly the same XP.

That was my nice news. My mean news is that I am working to ban your feat as we speak. I don't want Choker Quickness in my game. Also, if the Judges don't help me, I'm not sure what I would do. Metamorphic Transfer is such that I would actually ban the character from participating in my adventure if I was a recruiting GM, but it's mid-adventure so I don't have that ability.

Hmm, retiring her? So then why do you care about the vast riches that await you (but only if you can get there before the BBEG just takes it all) when you mentioned treasure above and how she owes Hulgyr for the horse still? :lol: )

Good to hear that I get to keep L7, but I wanted to try out Metamorphic Transfer. Promise I wont turn into a choker with it. Why bug about the vast riches? Cause it was one of my many beefs with my other retired character, ao'Thuir who made it to 4th level after several years of adventuring and only 200gp to his name.

Erekose13

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Eternity may want to do Michael rather than Hulgyr then. Vigour for 35 Temp HP followed by a 6d10 transfer, I imagine. Comes out to 33 transfered on average, so two spillover in case it rolls high)

She only takes half the healed damage in return. So she could get two of those 6d10s out of that maxed Vigor. Lets go with one on Michael now and see where the other goes in a second.

Xael

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Why bug about the vast riches? Cause it was one of my many beefs with my other retired character, ao'Thuir who made it to 4th level after several years of adventuring and only 200gp to his name.
OOC: For some reason, most LEW adventurers are very poor. Of my characters, only Nezrak has over 3,000gp worth of equipment, and he has about 20k+ (way over what he should have), because he crafted stuff for his companions for money.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Let's make a deal--if the judges don't ban it in time, I'll let you use it for now, but if you do something twinkish (which I trust you won't anyway), I'm adding a Marilith to the last encounter, and if you turn into a Choker, the Marilith is going to have two Fighter levels so she can pick up Improved and Greater Multiweapon Fighting :]

As to cash--are you saying you wouldn't retire her if there's a good treasure? You guys have a so-so chance of gaining such. If it's not that and you're going to retire her anyway, let me know and I'll see if I can find a way to write her out just before they need to split any treasure--I'm sure the others will appreciate getting to keep the extra share vice the extra share vanishing with a retiring character ;))

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: yeah that was certainly the case with ao'Thuir. Tenebrynn has so much now that he is most definitely not poor. But he hasnt had time to analyze, fix, price, and sell stuff.

Remove ads