Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Almayce easily hits the Afflicted from point-blank range as Eternity backs away only a small amount, though she could have retreated further. Still, her defensive stance is uninviting to further attacks. Zaeryl continues to keep Eternity protected, and with Almayce in the way of further attacks from that one straggler, she seems pretty safe. Almayce, on the other hand, is not so fortunate. Neither is Zaeryl, who is critically threatened twice, though he manages to avoid the worst of the attacks.*

(OOC: I just hit Almayce with an 11 and a 10 The 3, naturally, missed. I'm at a loss for words :lol: I guess I remembered the 6 Con but not also the 10 Dex. So he put 0 points into physical stats, huh?

Almayce takes 10 and 7 for 17, so that'll be unconscious and dying. Zaeryl takes 7 and 8 for 15.

Everyone's turn)

Xael

First Post
OOC: Oh, Almayce was that close to afflicted again... :\ He couldn't have taken a 5ft step to avoid full attack? I guess he could have tried Color Spray again, but my bad I guess.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Re your edit--he could have done so, but the only legal move that would do that would also open Eternity up to be attacked. It is also worth noting that the space to which he would retreat is within the reach of the large Afflicted attacking Zaeryl which, if it had attacked Almayce, would have hit with the modified 19, 20, and 17 it rolled that missed Zaeryl but would have killed Almayce outright, guaranteed :( (Even if I rerolled, the big guy would have a very hard time missing Almayce). The other safe retreat space was occupied by Eternity.

EDIT--Re second edit, Colour Spray would have also hit Michael and Hulgyr, albeit to limited effect since they are 4th-level, but Hulgyr at least doesn't have a very good Will save)

Last edited:

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: Which afflicted can Hulgyr threaten, albeit with some movement? I guess he'd try to get a smaller one and cleaver through a bigger one if he can but avoid any AoO since his hp are very low...

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: He can easily get to the Afflicted that just took out Almayce and is on its way down to Eternity / Zaeryl. However, it is on its lonesome and previouslu injured by Almayce, so that may be a waste. He can go after the big one attacking Zaeryl, but it has reach and can take an AoO. The other guys are on the other side of Zaeryl, Hulgyr could retreat and curve around below Zaeryl to take the bottom-most, but again, no cleave, and that finally opens up enough spaces for the big Afflicted attacking Zaeryl to fit if it wants to swing around and attack Eternity or flank Zaeryl) Other than the one attacking Eternity, the bottommost one attacking Zaeryl if he swings around, or the big one attacking Zaeryl if he deals with the AoO, Hulgyr can't get to the rest because they are being blocked off by their comrades from every space except the one occupied by Zaeryl. Note that Michael is only two spaces from the big one and can actually reach it without an AoO, so if he does so and hits, Hulgyr may be able to take the last big one down)

ajanders

Explorer
OOC, I object to the definition of "keeping the flesh-eating monsters away from the unconscious people" as "wasteful". All this thing needs to do is decide it'd like a quick snack and at best Almayce is looking for a regeneration spell. That said...

Michael continues to roar inarticulately at the big Afflicted.
"LEAVE LITTLE PEOPLE 'LONE!!"
Hulgyr's probably never been referred to as "little" before.

Michael swings from the hips, adding the weight of his stone greatclub to his somewhat lacking argument.

Michael's attack, Power attack for 4 (1d20+4-4=10)
(Deleted: miscalculated)
Michael's power attack with strength bonus (1d20+4+4-4=16)
(Sorry, double-counted the Power Attack penalty)

Hopefully, the new attack hits hard again.
Michael's Power attack for 4 damage (1d10+6+8=23)

Remove ads