• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Xael

First Post
"So we go in and kill everything we find? Again. Sounds simple enough I guess... Does anybody need healing?", Almayce comments.

OOC: Almayce doesn't level (he's pretty close though), so I guess he heals 8 points because of the rest, putting him at 10 / 15 HP. Almayce can also prepare one Identify as a domain spell (and he has his wealth as 100gp gems), so he should identify one object (probably the wand).

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Did you know that the material component is technically labeled as "Arcane Material Component". Which means, of course, that you need not pay the pearl)

Xael

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Did you know that the material component is technically labeled as "Arcane Material Component". Which means, of course, that you need not pay the pearl)
OOC: That's pretty interesting. I wonder if that's deliberate or an oversight? Not that I'm complaining! :D Almayce will identify the wand unless somebody thinks of a good reason to identify something else.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: They do deliberately call out that clerics do not require the Arcane Material Component, but they were probably thinking of simple things like bat wings and not realising the implications for domain spells that are usually arcane. You still can only ID once a day though)

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf, noting Alymace's interest in identifying magic items, requests that the Cleric at some point take a look at the mysterious greatsword he's been carrying. (The wand has priority, though. I doubt the sword is anything interesting.) Bound to be a wand of web...

"Well, yes, go in and kill anything hostile that we can kill, try to avoid things we can't kill, and get a look around. I think they call that a 'reconaisance in force.'"

ooc: Ironwolf aproved at 5.

Erekose13

Explorer
"That sounds acceptable to me as well. It seems that I've unlocked some more forcefull powers myself which should provide us with a better arsenal. I am also better prepared for the journey because of our knowledge. I was almost spent before we encountered the first Afflicted. That will not happen again." says Eternity.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, save your strength for the tougher opponents. Let us wipe out the mobs of weak enemies with our newly unlocked powers..."

*Zaeryl makes a fist with one hand, and the hand glows with fiery energy as if ready to explode in a large radius.*

"So if we are all agreed, follow me."

*Suddenly, as they are about to set off, there is a rumbling, and a titanic darkness rises from the mountains near the mines, sweeping upwards to engulf the whole mountain and touch the sky, a veil of total darkness that leaves a psychic echo that Ironwolf, Eternity, and Zaeryl can feel from miles away...and then it is gone as quickly as that.*

"Lovely. That does not bode well. I take it their leader is still alive then. We knew we would not be so lucky. Regardless, that is all the more reason to press onward."

*Zaeryl leads the way to the side-passage that he and Michael used to enter, moving through the entry cave towards a tunnel leading into deeper sections.*

"There may be Afflicted at any point starting now. Activate abilities with time signatures measuring in hours or ten minutes starting now. Minutes or less may be too soon, as we don't know when we'll encounter them. Just before the large room, we will advise you to activate a few minute-length powers...But even then save your strength in case there are more. The place where Michael and we found those items...that may just be where we will put an end to this..."

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: you guys went fast all of the sudden! Hulgyr is now at 36/39 hp so he's ok.
"Hulgyr is ready for the fight. They tried to kill me but they only made Hulgyr stronger." The orc grunts as he flexes his (appearently bigger?) muscles. "Let's go!"

Remove ads