• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Retrieval of Fallon's Key (Macbeth Judging)

Snipehunt

First Post
Seeing Sara sheathe her swords, Llolian releases the tension from his bow, and feels a wash of nervous energy flow over him. This is the first time I have ever aimed an arrow at another person. I don't know that I like this feeling the elf thinks, heart thumping wildly.

After the young elf speaks his piece, Llolian sees the problem, and understands why Sara became so angry at the Paladin.

"Sara, I have nothing against weapons, or those who wield them. But I cannot trust a woman who would draw a sword against her own companions.

"And anyway, using a god-given ability to spy out those with evil intent is hardly cause for concern. I was taught the only one afraid of having another know her heart is the one with someting to hide. I hope you have nothing to hide from us . . . and that I can trust you at my back."

Llolian turns to Thebis. "I don't know what your troubles with Rogier are, but I would be glad to have another person to help us. It seems you mean well, and I will take you at your word."

Gurdjieff

First Post
[OoC: I hope I made clear I cannot join the party without crossing the Paladin rules in the PHB. This is more of a question to the DM/LEW Judges I think, but is it possible to change those rules about travelling with an Evil person? Maybe at least for your campaign Mithreander, or do you want to wait for the judges or something? Or do we stick to the rules in the PHB?]~~~

Mithreander

Explorer
[OoC: If that's the case, then could you please inform us where They is? I find it unrealistic that they would be in this world and find that the ENWorld judge made a mistake. But I'm not them, so... have you added an entry HERE or anyone else for these geographically challenged wizards?]

The elven lad looks up into the sky just as a number of Griffon drift down, the expanse of their wings shadowing the adventures from the fading light of day. On the back of each is a flight saddle with two seats. The first is taken up by an elf, who guides the beasts down with practiced grace.

"Our rides are here. I would suggest all that are coming to mount up, for we leave in 5 minutes." The elven lad, moving with a swordsman's swagger, goes to one and tries to mounts, but because of his stature, needs assistance up onto the large creature.

Snipehunt

First Post
I hope that's over with.

Llolian goes over to help the small elf into the saddle. He feels more secure going to the beast that Eldendrel has already shown to be tame. He eyes the huge creature warily, noting the huge beak and massive claws, then offers a hand to the lad.

"Er, I don't have much . . . experience riding huge, flying cat-eagle crossbreeds. Is there much chance I might have to learn to fly rather quickly on this trip?" He asks as he helps him into the saddle.

Mithreander

Explorer
The elven child, still with pink eyes looks at Llolian with a smile and says "Only if you decide NOT to tie yourself to the saddle." The young boy motions to the belts that attact to the saddle that the ride straps himself into.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"I will take your advice at heart, young elf. I will set an additional goal for this quest. If this goes against my Code, then so be it. I will keep to my word and assist you in your quest, as promissed.

With that, Rogier gets in the saddle of one of the griffins.

[OoC: Rogier will keep an eye out to make sure Thebis-Ra does not go Evil. Hopefully this way he will keep his Paladinhood. If it does, well, then he'll have to atone for his next quest =o.]

Mithreander

Explorer
The young elf smiles at the paladin and says "I think you have made your first trully wise decision in this adventure. It's hard to come to grips that the world is more ocmplex then just the black and white that your order presents to you. But take heart, you have come to that realization early, where some it takes their whole lives to come to that realization."

The boy shakes his head, his eyes turning once more to the sky blue, and he looks around in surprise for but a second before saying, in a shy voice "Are we ready?"

JDragon

Explorer
Sebastian, having watched the conversation from the back of the group moves forward and climbs into the saddle of one of the griffons. He takes his time to make sure he has buckled himself in tightly and checks to make sure none of his equipment is lose as he doesn't want to lose any of it.

Looking around at the others says " I guess we'll see how well trained these creatures are."

Nods toward the elf that arrived with the griffons and waits to take off.

Mithreander

Explorer
The elves seem to smile at the riders. There seem to be to many giffons for the party, and the elves banter with eachother to get the companions to ride with them rather then the other elves there.

"Come! I'll show you what it means to ride the clouds!" one would call, laughing as he does so.

Another, rearing the griffon back on it's hind legs, wings out, claws extended, yells "Ride not with him, for he has trouble lacing his boots, and must have his wife do it! Come with me, for at least my boots are still on after the flight is through!"

The other elf laughs and pretends to check his boot straps.

The other elves look on and smile. It seems that this group of elves have worked together before, and enjoy each others company.

"Come with me, and I'll show you what a barrel roll is!" Another says, beconning to the group to be chosen. The feeling is jovial and pleasent, taking the edge off the somewhat rocky start.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Rogier, impressed by the way the Elves control their Griffoons, asks: Is it hard to control griffons? Or is it just the same as any other landbased creature?

Remove ads