(Adventure) Retrieval of Fallon's Key (Macbeth Judging)

Mithreander

Explorer
"More then suffice." the boy answers with sencerity. He looks up in the sky and says "Who ever the last person is, he only has another 30 minutes."

OoC: I will begin this in earnest tomorrow morning, so whoever has not posted here by then will be left behind. Cheers!

Lichtenhart

First Post
JDragon said:
Turning to look at Elendrel, "So with Iggy, Sir Rogier, Sara, Wind, Llolian, myself and a yet unknown person that makes seven for your fathers quest, will this suffice?"

Wind, easily the youngest in the party, looks a little embarassed
"Ehm... Nice to meet such a charming woman, Sara....I'm afraid I missed the names of the others..."
He looks around expectantly, especially the armored man who's looking at him with such concentration, as if trying to watch inside him.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
Wind, easily the youngest in the party, looks a little embarassed
"Ehm... Nice to meet such a charming woman, Sara....I'm afraid I missed the names of the others..."
He looks around expectantly, especially the armored man who's looking at him with such concentration, as if trying to watch inside him.

"Well young one, you do not need to fear me. Your soul is pure, as is your heart. I am Rogier, a Paladin in the court of Hyrag." He studies the clothes Wind is wearing, and then says: "I hope you wont get a cold in those, as it can get quite chilly high in the sky." He smiles and bows lightly, as he tries to greet the way the monk did before.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Serene Wind flashes a thankful smile as the paladin mimics his bow.
"I am honored to meet you Rogier, as I have heard the path of righteousness of your brethren is not far from the path of enlightment I'm pursuing. Do not worry for me, I'm slowly learning how to make my body stronger than the weather. I do not fear the cold, though I have to admit I rarely rode horses, and never flying beasts. Are they dangerous?"

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Any beast can be dangerous, but in the hands of a skilled rider they can all be ridden as well. I must admit I haven't travelled by griffin before, but I can't imagine it it a huge difference with travelling by horse. Except for the flying that is."
Looking at the sky, Rogier awaits the arrival of the griffins. "That unknown stranger better make haste if he wants to come with us. I don't doubt our ride will be here shortly."

[OoC: If Janos posts his introduction after this post and before I have another chance to reply, I will detect evil, and see his evilness, and thus give the party the choice "him or me". If he does not post in time, ignore this comment =]. ]

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Manzanita said:
Iggy greets everyone politely. "Sara," he whispers softly, frowning a bit as he detects the fumes on her breath. "I know nothing about flying either, but you are welcome to share my mount. You probably shouldn't drink & fly."

"I'd love to, Iggy, but you shouldn't worry. I trust Joe to cut me off when I'm still competent." Sara notices the man staring at her rudely. "Just a moment"

Sara draws a sword lazily and begins swinging it in an almost dancing pattern as she turns to Rogier. "So are you trying to start a fight or working up the nerve to ask me to bed? Because you're only my 'type' for one option." She aproaches the palidan, contining to dance her sword until it is almost under his nose. "Or did no one ever tell you its not polite to stare?"

(ooc, sara isn't evil, but she doesn't find either staring or spellcasting to be acceptable options for first meeting someone.)

JDragon

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
"I'd love to, Iggy, but you shouldn't worry. I trust Joe to cut me off when I'm still competent." Sara notices the man staring at her rudely. "Just a moment"

Sara draws a sword lazily and begins swinging it in an almost dancing pattern as she turns to Rogier. "So are you trying to start a fight or working up the nerve to ask me to bed? Because you're only my 'type' for one option." She aproaches the palidan, contining to dance her sword until it is almost under his nose. "Or did no one ever tell you its not polite to stare?" Snip (occ)

Sebastian takes several steps back, waiting to see what happens. "I think he' just trying to make sure we are all on the same side."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
JDragon said:
Sebastian takes several steps back, waiting to see what happens. "I think he's just trying to make sure we are all on the same side."

The second sword joins the dance, and Sara doesn't take her eyes off rogier. "I'm on the side of a job well done and a fair share of a thousand gold, myself. And I don't think anyone but our employer needs to worry past those motivations... But more to the point, where I come from, you determine people's sides by asking them. Only people who think they can tell just by staring are the ones who listen too much to the voices in their heads..." She has lost all hint of ambiable tipsyness and has steel in her voice as well as in her hands "...And those who use magic to peek around where they aren't invited. So which one are you, palidan?"

Janos Audron

Explorer
OOC: Sorry to keep everyone waiting, but my last two days were spent in the bar of my student...thingy where on monday I became a bartender (and had to conquer the bar) and tuesday was my first day where I actually had to 'work'. It's 6:14 AM now and I've just spent a night standing, serving drinks and cleaning glasses, cleaning the bar and all that stuff...so keep that in mind if this post reads like :):):):).]

The halfling who introduced himself only moments after Rogier in the Red Dragon Inn strolls towards the group. Not really wanting to start the conversation he just stands there and listens how Wind and Rogier get aquinted.

When Rogier looks at him, he looks a little uncomfortable and he decides to introduce himself. Hi there, I'm Thebis-Ra and I am a self trained warrior. My father was a smith, my friends were wizards, and I am what I am because I simply did not have the same opportunities as them. Those Red Wizards as they call themselves are racists, giving only human children a chance to study magic. He sounds bitter with a touch of sadness. But my friends taught me some stuff: I am able to indentify some spells and I picked up some arcane knowledge. When Rogier keeps staring at him, he turns to another person.

Mr. O'Reilly, if it wouldn't bother you, I would love to discuss arcane theories with you. No doubt my friends were taught other things than you, and we might both benefit from eachothers knowledge! Realizing he might have crossed a line there, he suddenly stops, looks nervously to O'Reilly and then smiles an uncertain smile. If that's all right with you, of course.

When Sara draws her two swords and threatens Rogier Thebis walks up to Sara and says: Miss Double Trouble, I really appreciate it when a person shows iniative, really, and I respect a wo- person who is skilled with weapons, really, but ... eh, I think none of us are enemies so, um, why don't we focus on the job instead of eachother...yeah...and I really think that you are a capable warrior...

Last edited:

Snipehunt

First Post
Llolian looks startled to find one of the group openly attacking another. As he watches Sara threaten Rogier, Llolian becomes more and more concerned. Not only is Rogier declared a paladin, and so beyond reproach, how can Llolian trust a party member who would attack another?

"Ahem, perhaps I missed something," Llolian says, "Sara, I have no interest in losing an ally . . . But if it comes to it, I pick the one who did not draw swords."

Llolian drops back 5 feet and draws his longbow, knocking an arrow and aiming it Sara's back. He prepares to dodge any attack from Sara.

Remove ads