• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) In Service of Orussus (dpdx judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostknight

First Post
Harwin gives Sara a dirty look.

Not particulalry humorous. Way too many creatures out there find halglings tasty. STill, I don't think there is likely to be a problem.

Well, now I think we have all signed your Judgeship. Ready to tell us the plan?

Aranel

First Post
Karcer nodded gravely. "Right. Eating people is bad den. ...So why don't animals die whens they eat dead peoples?" She asked curiously, a puzzled frown lighting her sunkissed face.
She shrugged her small shoulders (still bigger than harwins, she noted) and grinned. "I can throw, I can hit. Mebe not da best. But I only gots small arms."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Aranel said:
Karcer nodded gravely. "Right. Eating people is bad den. ...So why don't animals die whens they eat dead peoples?" She asked curiously, a puzzled frown lighting her sunkissed face.

Sara seemed to be getting more comfortable with the flow of this conversation. "I don't know, I guess the rules are different for animals" she says with a shrug. "They get to eat dead people, but they can't use cool potions like yours."
She shrugged her small shoulders (still bigger than harwins, she noted) and grinned. "I can throw, I can hit. Mebe not da best. But I only gots small arms."

"well, they reach from your shoulders to your hands, so I guess they're big enough. Lets hush up, the lady's gonna give us the rest of the plan I think..."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Ghostknight said:
Just wondering if the game is still on - 1 week, no posts. :(

waiting on our fearless DM, but he meantioned that there would be a delay... have faith - or start something with sara and we'll turn it into a gladitorial thread. :p

Kahuna Burger

Creamsteak

Explorer
(Yeah, I got back from break yesterday. Today was first day back at classes.)

"So has everyone signed their contracts?"

"When the meal is finished, and your contracts are signed properly and handed over to me, I will call the constable in and be done with this transaction for this time. Constable Bronzebeard will make sure that you understand what must be done, and will make you aware of all the players in this matter to the best of his abilities..."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Creamsteak said:
(Yeah, I got back from break yesterday. Today was first day back at classes.)

"So has everyone signed their contracts?"

"When the meal is finished, and your contracts are signed properly and handed over to me, I will call the constable in and be done with this transaction for this time. Constable Bronzebeard will make sure that you understand what must be done, and will make you aware of all the players in this matter to the best of his abilities..."

Fangor, having made his mark on his contract, sits and waits for this Constable Bronzebeard. He begins to pour another mug full of his own stash of wine.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The judge dismisses himself with the paperwork, and after about 40 more minutes of waiting a heavily armored and slightly smelly dwarf clamps his way into the room. He trips and falls at the doorway, then picks himself up before he confronts the room...

"Er... more than I expected. Looks good though..."

"So, what you want to know about? The Operation? The Supplies? The Pay?"

The dwarf toters a bit in his unweildy heavy armor. He reaches under his belt and pulls out a large sheet of paper. He sets a ring and some sort of wristband on the table in front of himself, then pulls a piece of paper very close to his face to read something aloud... apperently it is very difficult for him to read.

"Erm... well, it looks like there'll be enough horses and riding dogs for your party to get going safely. Can't keep those, they belong to the guard... and that means I'm going to be even shorter on mounts. That isn't right! Stupid judge, doesn't keep track of his own guards stuff. I'll give you two or three horses and enough donkeys to get your gear with you..."

"Also looks like you get food and water rations for two weeks. Two weeks? Its only seven days away from here! Stupid judge..."

"Ah, here we go... you also get crossbows if you need them. The local fletcher should have them available. You can present your papers to him and he'll get them from the stores. It'll come out of your pay though."

"Oh, and these things. This one is called the watchman's watch. This other one is called a spell storing ring. I want both of these returned to me, else I'll put a bounty on your head worth twice their worth. Not something I like to do, and not something you like neither."

The dwarf then totters up onto a tall table and starts to unroll a huge map. "You get two maps like these, but smaller. See that x? That's their camp. In the mountains."

The dwarf points to the X on the map. "Sorry if it looks like crap. We had to make the copies in a hurry. The edge stops where you get off the main road from Orussus to Allimon. Just after the bridge over Bobgoblin's creek."

"From there, you will track through the woods towards the mountains, and look for the pass between the hills that leads up behind the fortress belonging to the mob. Theres only about twenty of them, but the Ogre with them is a tough bastard. But keep in mind, he's the only one you gotta bag. If you kill 'em, you can take his head if your like that. Otherwise just load the body onto the cart."

"Oh, the cart comes into play later. Its with the other guys I guess you don't know 'bout yet."

"Well, once you get to the hills behind their camp, you should be concealed from their watch. What you gotta do is wait till its real dark. This device, the watchman's watch, will give you an exact time. Just strap it to your wrist. It tells the wearer and only the wearer exactly what time it is, all you gotta do is ask. It's a little slow to respond though. It gives time in human time though, and when it says One Thirty while it's dark, not light, on the seventh day... you use the ring."

"The commandword for this is real simple. It's also the name of the spell stored in it. Just say, "Big Flare!" real loud like that, while you've got the ring on. Point it towards the sky, and a big flare should go off. It'll tell the other group that your around. They should be hiding in the woods nearby, and when they see the big flare they will launch theres. You'll know where they are. Both groups are to then get closer to the mob camp."

"Once your in the mob camp, do whatever you can to avoid sounding their alarm. The flares shouldn't draw any attention as long as you fire them away from the camp, I think. Just be careful. If your ever within 200 feet of another person with a watch, that would be the other group. When your within 200 feet of another watch, the watch you wear will tell you exactly where the other is. It's a useful tool if your in the watch, you know."

"The other group should be inside the camp, except the guy who sneeks off to set off the flare when you set off yours. If you see no flare... um... well, that means that either they didn't see it, or they were captured, or dead, or something..."

"Sorry if I don't got my plan straight. I figure you guys should be smart 'nuff, to take care of this mob. Just get the ogre, thats all you haveta do..."

"Um... I lost my train of thought... gotsany questions?"

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Sara makes a show of counting the number of marks on the sheet, does a quick nose count, looks confused, remembers to include herself and nods. "Think we're all set, let go hit something!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads