• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) In Service of Orussus (dpdx judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithreander

Explorer
Thoria turns to 'doubleTrouble' and replies "Yes, I have been known to help with other ailments. Do you have need of counceling? I'd be happy to discuss anything that may be troubling you, daughter, and together we can work through them." Thoria looks earnestly at the young woman and smiles kindly at her as she continues.

"If it's does not deal with counciling, then I'm sure I can still help if you just let me know as to what you believe you need."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Mithreander said:
Thoria turns to 'doubleTrouble' and replies "Yes, I have been known to help with other ailments. Do you have need of counceling? I'd be happy to discuss anything that may be troubling you, daughter, and together we can work through them." Thoria looks earnestly at the young woman and smiles kindly at her as she continues.

"If it's does not deal with counciling, then I'm sure I can still help if you just let me know as to what you believe you need."

Sara looks temporarily torn between a scowl and a laugh, but unsurprizingly the laughter wins. "I like to think that, you know, all things considered, I turned out pretty well adjusted... no," She nods her head towards Karcer's small but tightly wound form as the gnome examines the contract (for edibility?) "I think the Red Dragon might be a little like the Pits in that some end up there out of many options and some because they're, er, unsuited for a life more ordinary... Er." She seems embarrassed at her language and takes a very unmannerly bite of meat to compensate. "I was just checking to see if, you know by chance, er any of us woke up one morning and decided another one of us was, say, an animated side of ham that had said rude things about their mother... if you might be able to help out with that..."

Aranel

First Post
Karcer regarded the paper again for a long moment. Then eyed the human woman, a mixture of suspicion and disbelief on hr face. Not many people bothered explaining things or helping her. "Aye....Er....Thank ye" she offered before wandering over, reaching up a long way and tugging both quill and paper lower.

"I says I'm in." and with much exaggerated care managed a very wobbly squiggle.

Ghostknight

First Post
Aranel said:
Karcer regarded the paper again for a long moment. Then eyed the human woman, a mixture of suspicion and disbelief on hr face. Not many people bothered explaining things or helping her. "Aye....Er....Thank ye" she offered before wandering over, reaching up a long way and tugging both quill and paper lower.

"I says I'm in." and with much exaggerated care managed a very wobbly squiggle.

Giving Karcer a worried look, Harwin takes the contract and signs it.

Umm, Karcer. You don't actually try to eat your travelling companions do you? That would seem a bit,how can I put this, ummm, strange.

Harwin leans back into the chair, eating some grapes.

I mean it really is strange to think people are sides of ham insulting your mother, not to mention rather it is rather impolite to go around trying to eat others.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Ghostknight said:
Umm, Karcer. You don't actually try to eat your travelling companions do you? That would seem a bit,how can I put this, ummm, strange.

"Hey!" Sara seems distressed by the breach of transparent vaugness. "I said any of us! Besides, I'm sure Karcer doesn't eat people! Karcer, after you've used those potions you like, there isn't anything left of a person to try eating, is there?"

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Fangor looks at the contract, seeing nothing out of place. He reaches for the quill to sign his name, and overhears the reference to eating companions and ham.

"I hope you would not try to eat a dwarf, for I would have to defend myself. I like all my parts where they are at the moment and would not like some of them missing. That includes ears. Although I might let you chew on my boot."

He says this with a stern voice, but chuckles near the end, not being able to keep a straight face. I mean, can you imagine waking up with Karcer gnawing at your arm, mistaking it for a hamhock? He thinks to himself, "Well, I wanted an adventure and it looks like this group will keep me on my toes. They seem good of heart. I hope they don't die in this quest. Hauling their carcasses back would be a bit tiring. But it would be the right thing to do."

"Come now, this sounds like a daring job and I am all in for bringing this culprit to justice. Here is my mark, as I agree to these terms. Now who's left?"

Mithreander

Explorer
Thoria chuckles at the whole exchange. "Fear not. No one be goin' ta try ta eat anyone, 'cept maybe our foes, an. if/n they do, they'll have more to worry about then tough grizzle." she says, fingering her mace.

Turning back to the judge, she looks to him and says "Ye have our mark, now do be tellin' us your plan in detail. It does sound interestin' and I'd like a complete picture so we be understadin' our part in this here drama."

Skyman

First Post
Groggnir stares blankly at the contract."We s'posed to write our names?" He looks a bit embarassed and lets his brother sign for both of them. "Now tell us plan, yes!"

Aranel

First Post
Giving Karcer a worried look, Harwin takes the contract and signs it.

Karcer, who'd stepped away from the paper and pen quickly. (She didn't hold with this paper signing. It required using muscles she'd never considered before...) Giving Harwin a long slow look she finally came to an answer for his question. "I aint never ad no compan-yons afore." She finally replied. "So I wuld says...I'll only eat ya if you arsks me to." She gave the taller ones another look. "Only I fink there's a lot too much o' most of ye for just me."

"Hey!" Sara seems distressed by the breach of transparent vaugness. "I said any of us! Besides, I'm sure Karcer doesn't eat people! Karcer, after you've used those potions you like, there isn't anything left of a person to try eating, is there?"

Karcer's overbright blue eyes gleamed with a childlike glee for a moment. "Aye...them poshons are good. They even burns away th' bones. If any of ye find any pass 'em over. Th' flames are bright as th' sun an' burn like the spirits." She thought a moment on the rest of the words.
"Eat people? Never tried. Does they taste good?" She asked looking to Sara for an answer. What was all this sudden talk of eating people anyway?
Life got a little confusing when there was nothing to hit and decided Sara seemed to know a lot. She was being nice too.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Aranel said:
"Eat people? Never tried. Does they taste good?" She asked looking to Sara for an answer.

"I don't know, because you can't eat people." Sara says firmly. "It's fatal, anyone who eats people dies right away. Everyone says so. Anyway, Harwin was just making a joke, I think its halfling humor. So tell me, are you good at throwing the potions or do you just save them for after you hit people with the axe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads