Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Hadrak around the camp fire

[sblock=ooc]I am going to assume you start this at the beginning of the night, so to goblin, dual wielding human, and male tiefling are out. Given Hadrak's experience, and the fact that this area is relatively well secured, I'd say that Hadrak can probably pull of full a night of rest by drinking and telling stories.

I think its fair to say a drunk dwarf telling and listening to stories is about aware as a sleeping dwarf.[/sblock]

Hadrak seems to get most of the groups attention and interest with his proposal. Before long both goliath, the young dragonborn, the shifter, the half-elf and the remaining human all gather round though the two females and the dragonborn refuse the offer of drink.

The goliath clears his throat after he fills a mug. "I have a story for you new ones." He says with a rocky smile. "When the night was young, and the land dark. East of the Adamantine Walls of Krya, in the mountains where Dragmar once ruled. . ."

He proceeds to tell the story of how he and the female goliath were part of part of a larger nomadic group. They were strong warriors and kept strong ties to the empire, often doing scouting missions or working as part of larger strike forces against the oni.

One night they thought they had waylaid a group of oni, trapping them in a cave, only to find they had been tripped. One of their members had succumbed to temptation and revealed their movements. Rumbar, the male, and Drastin, ended up separated, and trapped underground. After some time, they found their way back to the entrance they came through, determined to break through by force or die trying.

They fond the Warden already there, fighting lone amongst the oni. Much demon blood was shed that day and they eventually joined back up with the greater army, not seeing the Warden for many years. Drastin came to Daunton one day in order to advise members of the embassy, when they heard he was here.

Dane & Female Dwarf

The dwarf turns to be Dane feigning surprise. "Yes I am a sage, and I follow the paths of the stars for my readings. I could show you if you like." She pauses. "Somewhere else. . ."

EvolutionKB

First Post
The Warden and Rurdev

"You seem protective of him." The Warden responds. "With fate so oddly intertwined I wish to know more about the workings of your group. We may end up in battle before this is through."

"I s-s-see. If we are to t-t-travel with each other it would b-b-b-best to know each other's strengths and w-w-weaknesses."

"I welcome battles; our v-v-victories are just f-further proof of our d-destinies. We haven't f-fought a battle we couldn't h-handle."

"As the sun sets I would like to s-s-spar, would you be willing? Show me your w-way."

johnmeier1

Explorer
"I have seen them." Elinear says, turning to Incarnation and Georg. "With the Warden's assistance." He adds. "They are large indeed but thinning. They seem to phase away at times, but still be there partially, as if a ghost or. . ." He seems less than willing to add. "As if the seals themselves were shifting into the plane they were meant to keep back."

As I feared, the seals were created to separate the worlds and so were placed between them. There are those that say some of the magic was on the other side. If we could understand how they were created, perhaps we would know if they could be strengthened or... if they must be created anew. Georg frowns and continues to study his spellbook. He reaches out absently for a drink hearing "wine" and after sipping the Jadite imperial barleywine, begins to choke and cough. Looking around quickly he tries to act calm as he drinks the remainder.

[sblock=OOC] A bit of a sheltered, bookish life for a Dwarf shines through in Georg [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Questioning the Seals

As I feared, the seals were created to separate the worlds and so were placed between them. There are those that say some of the magic was on the other side. If we could understand how they were created, perhaps we would know if they could be strengthened or... if they must be created anew. Georg frowns and continues to study his spellbook. He reaches out absently for a drink hearing "wine" and after sipping the Jadite imperial barleywine, begins to choke and cough. Looking around quickly he tries to act calm as he drinks the remainder.

Elinear gives a skeptical look.

The Warden and Rurdev

"I s-s-see. If we are to t-t-travel with each other it would b-b-b-best to know each other's strengths and w-w-weaknesses."

"I welcome battles; our v-v-victories are just f-further proof of our d-destinies. We haven't f-fought a battle we couldn't h-handle."

"As the sun sets I would like to s-s-spar, would you be willing? Show me your w-way."

"Excellent." Says the Warden and he smiles. "Nothing quite like learning from doing." He turns from Rurdev and walks a number of paces out, making clear eye contact with any to look his way.

"I must warn you though." The Warden starts up again. "My way." He pauses, amused at something. "The Way of the Warden, is not a martial practice, and I am feeling old."

The Warden turns back to Rurdev and makes eye contact. He bows his head slightly then quickly unsheathes his sword as he charges. The blade hardly makes a sound as it slides out and Rurdev may not have realized the Warden was armed if not for the reflection of the setting sun.

The Warden turns the edge of the blade at the last moment and it crackles with lightning before it comes slicing toward the ranger. Rurdeve pushes himself back and sends up a show of sparks as it slides across his chainmail.

Everyone present takes note and watches. The show seems to upset the young dragonborn and he moves closer. The female goliath shakes her head.

[sblock=ooc]
Warden draws his sword.
Charge Rurdev, E8 to E3. 19 vs AC, Miss[/sblock]

----------------------------------

Initiative

Round 1

21; The Warden; E3; Acted
14; Rurdev; E2; 51/51;

[sblock=Map]
SparringGround01.png
[/sblock]

*Note on the map. Obviously there are others near by that are not shown on the map.

Nebten

First Post
Dane & Female Dwarf

Dane & Female Dwarf

The dwarf turns to be Dane feigning surprise. "Yes I am a sage, and I follow the paths of the stars for my readings. I could show you if you like." She pauses. "Somewhere else. . ."

Ah, ya smart lik Had & Georg. Ya lik stars, dat why ya got 'n star on yer eye? I can read words but never read stars befer. Sound hard. If it like a story, I let ye to read da stars to me. Where we go?

Dane will follow like a lost puppy.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post

-''A worthy tale!'' Hadrak approves of the Goliath. ''The warden sounds like quite a warrior, and so do you. My turn! What to choose... I am sorely tempted to tell of my encounter with the dastardly brotherhood of Eon, but in our current circumstances, I will tell you of my brush in with the work of another one of the Five.''

Hadrak then tells of how he and fearless comrades defended the reincarnation of Ershaz, a formerly evil dragon purged of his inner darkness by a mighty spell cast by Threehammers. It took decades for the transformation to be complete and toward the very end of band of fanatic cultist tried to stop it. But in the end, goodness prevailed as it should.

-''What about you, friend? What is your tale.'' Hadrak asks of the young dragonborn.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Questioning the Seals

Troubling. Troubling indeed. I would like to know where you saw these seals so I might investigate them further, or if I can inuit anything of there position. He withdraws the magical map and unfurls it, asking the eladrin to indicate the seal's positions if they can be found there; if not, he attempts to sketch a map of the island for inspection. The warforged himself does not make the dirt marks, but some power he control does. He touches an iron flash at his side when he does so.[sblock=OOC]Using his Prison of Salazcas (the animated spirit of the statues that attacked him) to draw the dirt map if needed. :)[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Dane & Female Dwarf

"Oh thank you." Dafnin says with a smile. "You wait right here, and I'll get my things and be right back." She moves quickly off to the area near the spring, just out of view. The half-elf girl, quickly follows.

"My tale is yet to unfold." The dragonborn says. He seems both defensive and disappointed.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer

Seeing an opportunity, Raiyek approaches Hadrak and the group he has assembled around fire and drink and tale. He nods his head toward the young dragonborn, a short bow of respect. "That may be," the elf begins with a twinkle in his eye, "but fear not! If you keep with this group, I feel your chance for glory will come sooner rather than later."

Raiyek smiles a great smile at the dragonborn and continues. "I have my own tales, now - of returning a cultist in the Overgrowth to the grave, fighting soulless horrors, slaying a wyrmling, and pursuing a crimelord to the Valley of Bones and back - but if you spoke to me bare months ago?" He shakes his head slightly and smiles wryly. "The only tales to call my own were of decades being a glorified watchman keeping the peace in peaceful towns."

The paladin walks over to the dragonborn, nods, and slaps a hand on the other's shoulder. "As I said, fear not. One day soon, you will wake and find adventure has landed atop you. Be ready to give it every ounce of talent and strength the gods have given you, and before you realize it you will have volumes of your tales to share!"

He turns to Hadrak with a grin. "Now where did you put that wine? There's some good tales to be heard here!"

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
He turns to Hadrak with a grin. "Now where did you put that wine? There's some good tales to be heard here!"

Hadrak snorts.

-''Wine? You are an elf.'' he says, winking. ''I don't have wine. I did mention Imperial Jadite Barley Wine and I'll provide it if you feel brave but prepare for a shock. 'Wine' is a bit of a misnomer in that case, I am affraid.'' he says, pouring a pint of dark ale with almost no foam and offering it to Raiyek.

[sblock=OOC]Barley wine is basically strong ale (9 to 12% of alcohol by volume, comparable to wine but still poured in pints!). I am not sure why I assigned it to Jadites; it's not particularly chinese, to say the least... And It tastes nothing like wine![/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads