• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E a bunch of my youtube vids on 1e, basic, and other D&D

IvanMike

First Post
these have been a hoot to make - I seem to have improved over time - hope you like them. Most are short except for the first one - the saving throws videos have required the most research, but were a blast.

response to tetsubo57's RPG ponderings - old school vs modern games YouTube - An alternate take on RPG Ponderings Old School vs Modern Games
I get better after this first video - even though it is my most popular
YouTube - An alternate opposed roll for old school D&D - this one is on an alternate opposed roll mechanic (from PF)
YouTube - Old School D&D - Calls on the fly and inconsistency - It's OK. - this is the short one (opposed to my first one) where I get to the point in terms of why coming up with calls on the fly isn't so bad, and why inconsistency in doing so isn't all that bad either.
Ability scores and modifiers - YouTube - My old school D&D rules - episode 1 - Ability scores & Modifiers
Races - YouTube - My old school D&D rules - episode 2 - Races
Classes - YouTube - My old school D&D rules - episode 3 - classes
Multiclassing (controversial!) YouTube - my old school D&D rules - episode 4 - multiclassing
Unified XP?? nahhhh - YouTube - My D&D - episode 5 - Unified XP?
NPCs just don't play fair - YouTube - My D&D - episode 6 - NPCs don't play fair!
4 bite size videos examining the good and bad parts of classic D&D saves, both AD&D and basic.

1 intro and what are saves? YouTube - D&D saves - part 1 of 4 - intro & what are they?
2 how many are there really? YouTube - D&D saves - part 2 of 4 - how many types of saves are there?
3 why the saves work. YouTube - D&D saves - part 3 of 4 - why they work the way they do.
4 difficulty, modifiers, and table adjustments. YouTube - D&D saves - 4 of 4 - difficulty, modifiers, adjustments, and wrapup
I discover the elusive AD&D traps save and tell about it in 2 min - YouTube - D&D Saves vs Traps
what the heck are hit points anyway? - YouTube - D&D - What are hit points anyway??

Last edited:

jasper

Rotten DM
Didn't watch them. Fairly good topics and you don't wander off topic too much. And I glad you lost the glasses and added the hat. The reflection of the screen in your glasses was distracting in first vid.

kitcik

Adventurer
These videos have some interesting ideas for those still enjoying 1st Ed. Plus, you have a good voice for it.

Unfortunately, everytime I hear the intro, I can't help thiinking that your most popular video will be when I see you on "To Catch A Predator."

Remove ads