• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E indications - Has it slowed your purchases alreadY?

Has the threat of 4E slowed your purchases already?

• Yes - I've nearly stopped with my 3.5 purchases completely

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Yes- I'm cautious on what I purchase now wait n' see

Votes: 20 5.8%
  • Not really - I just buy what I want anyways

Votes: 208 59.9%
  • No - I probably won't bother moving to 4E. Time will tell.

Votes: 101 29.1%

• Poll closed .

teitan

Legend
I'll see what its like before I decide to jump over to it personally. I don't think the sky is falling or anything at all as far as the possibility of a 4e is concerned. Shadowrun, my favourite game, is on its 4e in less time than D+D and CoC is on the 6th edition, though editions in CoC really seem to be tweaks to the text and very little rules changes. I don't buy any 3.5 stuff anymore because I just couldn't take the rules proliferation anymore. While Kits etc were a mess at least NWPs, Kits and similar things were easily manageable. Not knocking the 3e systems, I prefer them to the 2e but I get sick of the complexity.

teitan

Legend
Geron Raveneye said:
Option 3 was the closest...just that I probably am not a real good sample person, as my purchases are mostly Basic D&D stuff I get from ebay as well as old 1E hardcovers. Although, I'm hunting for Tombs of Abysthor right now. :lol:

I got a copy for sale... email me frater.uranus@gmail.com. Its in perfect shape and unused.

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Imperialus said:
actually my D&D purchces have gone up recently. I quit smoking recently so I keep the money I used to spend on cigarettes and use it to buy D&D stuff.

That's gotta be the strongest incentive to quit smoking I have ever heard! :D

I, too, have seen my purchases increase in the recent months. Of course having a bit more disposable income doesn't hurt but mainly I have found a lot of WotC releases have been right up my alley as of late.

4E? When it comes it comes. Makes little difference to me but it will probably mean the end of my online presence on D&D boards.

Not at all. I'm still buying the books that I think are interesting and worth the money for me.

4th Edition hasn't even been announced as yet so I think that you may be jumping the gun a little bit here. When it does get announced and released I'll take a look at it then and see if I want to change to 4th Edition or stick with 3.5E.

Olaf the Stout

The Human Target

Adventurer
Ranger REG said:
No. The 4e rumor didn't slow my current purchase. The fault lies with my wallet.

Agreed.

If I had more spare cash, I would have chosen "I buy tons of stuff from all editions and will more than likely buy 90% of the stuff that comes out for 4e."

DungeonMaster

First Post
No, 3.5 stopped my buying WOTC products entirely.
4th edition can only increase my buying their products. There are plenty out there like me as well.
I hope to see 3.5 burn and die, soon preferably than later. Hopefully something revolutionary will rise from the ashes of the deformed bastard stepchild to 3rd edition.

Radovarl

First Post
I chose "I probably won't move to 4E, time will tell," but time won't tell. I just won't be moving to 4E. The recent trend towards "miniaturizing" (as in D&D Miniatures) their products (Fantastic Locations and Sons of Gruumsh, for instance) has really turned me off. I am a recovered MTG junkie, and have no intention of running a treadmill of, "Gotta buy twenty packs of Battle of the Depraved Halflings to make sure I get the villain and her cohort for the upcoming adventure module release," for the next 8 years.

I am still buying anything and everything Forgotten Realms (D&D only, not the crap novels) that Wizards produces, but it's only a matter of time before the setting is retired, IMO. Eberron doesn't do anything for me at all. You can take your warforged and, well, you know... I haven't purchased any "core D&D" books lately, except for FC1 (and will probably get FC2), as most of the recent releases just seems superfluous (Complete Arcane AND Complete Mage, now COME ON!???!).

It is kind of liberating in a way, as someone else posted. Now that I know the end of 3.0/3.5 is in sight and that I'm not "going 4E", I am rounding out collections, and cherrypicking/stockpiling non-Wizards d20 products that I might want to DM in the future. Especially campaign settings. I'm also shopping around for new systems. Runequest seems promising, though I'm not a huge Glorantha fan (but GO LANKHMAR!).

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Option 3 here. 4th Edition will come, it is only a matter of time. Hopefully not for at least 3.25 more years. I'll buy the core books no matter how wildly the system may change, but if moves away from the D20 system too much (that is, as it is now) then I'll wash my hands of it.

Vegepygmy

First Post
Lord Mhoram said:
I virtually ignored 2nd edition, and went from 1st to 3rd. If fourth is anything short of amazing, and amazing in ways that I want to see it changed, I'll just stick with 3rd.
Precisely.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads