• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E indications - Has it slowed your purchases alreadY?

Has the threat of 4E slowed your purchases already?

• Yes - I've nearly stopped with my 3.5 purchases completely

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Yes- I'm cautious on what I purchase now wait n' see

Votes: 20 5.8%
  • Not really - I just buy what I want anyways

Votes: 208 59.9%
  • No - I probably won't bother moving to 4E. Time will tell.

Votes: 101 29.1%

• Poll closed .

Wombat

First Post
I started with D&D -- before "1st edition" AD&D. That was 1975.

Then I dropped out.

The next time I picked up D&D it was 3e.

I'll see everyone again around 7e ;)

Keith Robinson

Explorer
I voted no. While I'll probably pick up any new core rules books (assuming there are core rule books, of course ;) ), I'll almost certainly be sticking with 3.5 for the forseeable future. It's not that I'm a 4ed hater, it's just that I like the d20 system and have a lot of books for it, so I don't really see a need to change.

Besides, I've just started a new campaign. My last one lasted for around 3 or 4 years.

Mercule

Adventurer
Hmm... What?

No, not really. Wargamey, anime-feeling crap has slowed my purchases. If anything, a true announcement of 4E would probably accellerate my purchases. My group saw the rumors last week and said, "3.5 is good, we're staying put." That means I'd pick up even some of the marginal products (MM4, ToB) and most of the Eberron stuff. Then, I'd consider my library stable and move on with life.

In a way, I'm kinda hoping for 4E so that I have that solid cut-off point. Of course, if 4E really (and I mean really) rocks, then the cycle will start all over again.

sjmiller

Explorer
Rumours of D&D 4.0 have not slowed my RPG purchases at all. The existance of D&D 3.5 slowed my D&D purchases to zero and increased my non-d20 purchases. Real life living expenses have curtailed even that.

Hussar

Legend
Arnwyn said:
[quoteOriginally Posted by Mercule
anime-feeling

I wish I knew what this meant.[/quote]

Anime-feeling is kin to videogamey in that it means something bad without actually defining any relationship between anything. In other words, it's someone's attempt to say that X=crap without really having a leg to stand on.

Just thought I'd help.

Scribble

First Post
I'm an old man! In a couple of years I'll be 30... I'm no longer in the I have to have every book for D&D out there as soon as it hits the shelves, category...

Right now, I buy stuff that I find interesting and usefull. If 4.0 for some reason is interesting and usefull I might switch... But as of now? I see no point. 3.5 is just what i need.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads