• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] - Hewards Handy Haversack to be toned down.

Conaill

First Post
Quickdraw could not possibly have been a factor in this, unless you really think that quickdrawing a blunt weapon is a serious problem. Sure you could draw a sheathed sword using a free action. But then you would still need to draw the sword from it's sheath...

Sejs

First Post
Glad to hear about the change. The instant quickdraw thing was getting annoying.

I mean it REALLY undercut the need for back-mounted Halfling Cleric Combat Buddies in 3rd ed.

LokiDR

First Post
I guess they are trying to head off the Heward's Handy Golfbag before it starts :)

I always thought it was powerful and useful, but never broken. Just another form of extra-dimentional storage.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
[shrug] Like the Fullblade. Published, errata'd, and then revised back to pretty much its original incarnation in a later publication.

The HHH in my DMG is a MEA to retrieve an item. It was errata'd to a free action. So it's back to MEA.

No big deal.

-Hyp.

Wormwood

Adventurer
Another victory for common sense and consistency.

Thanks again 3.5

This almost makes up for Weapon Familiarity. Almost.

Last edited:

niteshade6

First Post
Well as somebody pointed out you really couldn't safely store any pointed or bladed weapons in the HHH anyway. Remember that all it takes is one hole poked from the inside and the HHH and everything in it is destroyed.

Still I think the new rule is quite reasonable. It's still pretty cheap for a bag of holding type effect with other abilities (no matter how minor) built in.

Li Shenron

Legend
Hypersmurf said:
[shrug] Like the Fullblade. Published, errata'd, and then revised back to pretty much its original incarnation in a later publication.

The HHH in my DMG is a MEA to retrieve an item. It was errata'd to a free action. So it's back to MEA.

No big deal.

-Hyp.

Do you have any idea why it was errata'ed in the first place? I also think the HHH is meant to be for storage use, what was the reason behind adding the advantage of retrieving as a free action? Doesn't sound very needed or meaningful to me...

Staffan

Legend
Li Shenron said:
Do you have any idea why it was errata'ed in the first place? I also think the HHH is meant to be for storage use, what was the reason behind adding the advantage of retrieving as a free action? Doesn't sound very needed or meaningful to me...
Probably to justify its price compared to a Bag of Holding, given the smaller amount of storage.

Remove ads