• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 1st time back in a while - 4E?????

Knight Otu

First Post
Umbran said:
The link Crothian has posted is correct - EN World has a special place for this sort of thing. All in all - there is really nothing out there confirmed.
Problem being that the page is empty due to the script behind it. This is a better link. You may need to change the viewing options at the bottom of the page to see the news threads.

TerraDave said:
It won't be called "winter fantasy" (actually, the original quote said something like "the convention known as winter fantasy)

It seems like the new name is "D&D eXPerience".

Seriously.

I hear that's what "4E" will be called. "D&D XP." Then you'll get "Service Packs" every once in a while. So instead of 4.5, you'll have "D&D XP SP1," and so on...

SuStel

First Post
Philotomy Jurament said:
I hear that's what "4E" will be called. "D&D XP." Then you'll get "Service Packs" every once in a while. So instead of 4.5, you'll have "D&D XP SP1," and so on...

Paranoia XP already did that. Microsoft made them take the XP out of the title on the cover after Service Pack 1 came out.

I suggested the title "Installation History" for the book that reprinted classic adventures, but they wanted "Flashbacks" instead.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Umbran said:

Okay, folks, the OP asked a straightforward question, and the thread is not in the Humor category. Your collective reaction is apt to be confusing, at best, which makes this all Not Particularly Funny. While I understand how many of you have taken to posting Teh Wacky whenever the topic comes up, it is best to not do so to the unsuspecting innocents who ask reasonable questions.

The link Crothian has posted is correct - EN World has a special place for this sort of thing. All in all - there is really nothing out there confirmed.

Thanks - I saw the link, but it seemed to be a blank page with a link to this message board, so I was a bit confused on that front. And, I haven't been gone from the boards for *that* long - I would have noticed if 4E had actually come out. I have just not been here regularly over the past 4-5 months or so, so would have missed a "BIG" announcement that (for example) 4E was coming out in 2007, or they are making an announcement in 2007 that it will come out in 2008.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Turanil said:
Don't wait anymore! 4e has been released, and your FLGS may have it right now. However, be sure to get it quick, as it is a limited edition that won't get more printings, so the books can eventually sell at astronomical prices on ebay. :D ;)

Actually, my FLGS in West Hartford, CT recently went out of business... so, I need to find a new one in the Hartford area.

Hussar

Legend
i have a real ton of lead minis. scale = 25 mm

Ok, stupid question but 25 mm is 1 inch (or close enough anyway). What's the problem? I freely admit that I know next to nothing about miniatures. My minis are 30 pixels=5 feet. :) Total weight, zero.

diaglo

Adventurer
Hussar said:
Ok, stupid question but 25 mm is 1 inch (or close enough anyway). What's the problem? I freely admit that I know next to nothing about miniatures. My minis are 30 pixels=5 feet. :) Total weight, zero.

around the end of 1edADnD and into 2edADnD they shifted to 28 to 30 mm scale for the metal minis. there was also a smaller (18mm) scale

current scale is ... well actually there isn't one for the plastic minis from WotC. rough guess is 33 to 35 mm.

Remove ads