• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 1st time back in a while - 4E?????

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I think we're pretty clearly in the prolonged transitional period like 2E had with all the Options books. As I recall, that went on for years before a new edition rolled out.

Four Eee will come someday, but it's not in the next 18 months.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Okay, folks, the OP asked a straightforward question, and the thread is not in the Humor category. Your collective reaction is apt to be confusing, at best, which makes this all Not Particularly Funny. While I understand how many of you have taken to posting Teh Wacky whenever the topic comes up, it is best to not do so to the unsuspecting innocents who ask reasonable questions.

The link Crothian has posted is correct - EN World has a special place for this sort of thing. All in all - there is really nothing out there confirmed.

Crothian said:

GreatLemur

Explorer
Emirikol said:
d20 licenses will remain, but the requirements will include miniature releases, which should tighten the market sales because 'hobbiests' won't be able to release miniatures. PDF downloads from 3rd parties would also be eliminated.
Oh, wow. This turns me off even more than the number of times you used the word "collectable". I usually shy away from pre-release doomsaying, but this sounds like a really great reason to stick with existing OGL systems and pretty much ignore 4E. Here's hoping you've got that bit wrong...

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Seriously

mhensley said:
Only about 116 more days until Winter Fantasy and a fresh crop of new 4th edition rumors. I can hardly wait.

Wizards stated at the last GenCon that "Winter Fantasy will be the primary place to push D&D, and 2007 will reveal a lot". Which our own Morrus took as a possible indication that 4th ed could be announced there.

But that is about as "concrete" as it gets.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
And one more thing

It won't be called "winter fantasy" (actually, the original quote said something like "the convention known as winter fantasy)

It seems like the new name is "D&D eXPerience".

Seriously.

Remove ads