• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wreck ashore (El Jefe judging) (Finished)

Someone

Adventurer
(ooc: you´re talking alone, unless you´re supposed to go back with the main group. Excuse me for not presenting the situation clearly:

Hulgyr kills the dwarf, then the two pirates ran. Hulgyr throws his javelin and kills one of them, but not before he got one round of full running; that makes 120 feet from the rest of the party to Hulgyr.

While Wilhelm searches the dwarf, Hulgyr goes to get his javelin. I assumed he would hurry, but not sprint; however, you´d remember one of the pirates abandoned the group, running back to the camp while the dwarf kept a conversation with Hulgyr full of long pauses. Later, when I made the calculations, I realized the pirate could cover the distance I had described in a matter of seconds, so I decided the remaining pirates were already preparing when Hulgyr arrived at the pirate he killed with the javelin.

He would be difficult to spot because of the distance, but in this case the pirates knew exactly where to look up, so I ruled it would lessen the distance penalty, and Hulgyr was spotted. The rest of the group can´t be seen, nor can they see the pirates, given the disposition of the place you were to ambush them.

Also, notice that, given the distance, it would take a high level character to hit with a bow without rolling a 20 -or a True strike spell-

I hope that makes the situation more comprehensible. If any of you two want, I´ll try a map with the camp, the group of trees, the beach, the tower, etc.

Anyway, it´s only a fight left to finish the adventure, so I hope to wrap this up in a week or so. Just about time: I was getting a case of writer´s block, and just with a low level, pre-made module.)

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: the situation is clear now :)

Hulgyr runs back, away from the pirates. He runs in a direction not straight to the rest, but running a bit back into the growth and then taking a corner to meet the rest from the side.
When He reaches the rest of the group he quickly explains: The rest of them is heading this way. I say we fall back a bit, retreat in the growth to get some cover from thier bows and rush them.

Someone

Adventurer
(sorry for the slight delay)

Hulgyr´s trick work at first, and he soon joins the rest of the group and informs of what´s happening. You return to the clearing and take cover, waiting for them. It´s not a long wait, however: they soon realize the path Hulgyr took and move in your direction. Eroin drinks one of the potions Oren said had the power to protect, and Roddick readies his own javelin. You´re ready for the last battle.

(In the map, the pirates are coming from the upper side, which in this case is the west. Post any last minute battle preparations or strategies. This time, most of them are wearing leather armor (you can´t see if it´s studded or not), but the weapons they carry seem to be the usual.)

Attachments

• Lastbattle.zip
    67.9 KB · Views: 236

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: the map is empty except for the terrain, correct? How many are there?
We will be divided in two groups on either side of the clearing.
Hulgyr readies a javeling in one hand and holds his greatsword in his off-hand.
If they spot us outside charging range, he will throw a javelin and move towards them. As soon as they are within charging range without spotting us, he will take a charge at them.
He whispers to the restLlet them come as close as possible. Range is in thier advantage.

Someone

Adventurer
Exactly, they are not there yet. You are, however, in more or less the disposition you describe.

You see five of them coming.

Remove ads