• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wreck ashore (El Jefe judging) (Finished)

B4cchus

Explorer
Hulgyr drops his greatsword, pulls out a javelin and throws it at one of them
(i don't know the distance, so pls correct attack roll for this)
Attack:24 (natural 20)
Critical conformation: 9
Damage:6
rolls are here and crit. conf. is here

Someone

Adventurer
"Damn!" thinks Hulgyr as his javelin again goes wide to one side, and after a long and somewhat erratic flight actually hits the one he wasn´t aiming at, who drops to the ground out of sight. Distracted by the orc´s sheer luck, Wilhelm can´t make a good enough shot and doesn´t hit the other fleeing one, nor Eroin. That worries you, since now he´s difficult to spot with all the vegetation, and anyway his shouts would have alerted everyone. Not to mention the one that left the group before and returned earlier to the camp.

B4cchus

Explorer
Hulgyr quickly moves towards the one he dropped with his javelin and quaffs one of the potios that should heal him.
We can't stay here for long. Can someone search the dwarf for spoils?

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"We should find a place to hide and quick. A plan will be needed as well, for how to deal with this new threat"

Wilhelm will search the dwarf's corpse.

Search: 1d20+1=19

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
[ooc: it´s better if you don´t make listen, spot or search checks, since being secret rolls I´ll ignore them most of the time and make my own.]

The dwarf has just his weapons, a morningstar and a crossbow that seem to be quite normal, unlike the weapons you´ve been finding on the pirates lately. After emptying his pockets, the only other things of minimal interest he had are some spare change and cheap trinkets.

Roddick shades his eyes with one hand, trying to spot any coming enemies. "There should still about 5 of them, if Oren told us the truth."

[ooc: Defeating this encounter is worth 150 xp each]

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOG: Sorry. Forgot that search was a secret roll. It figures that the one good roll I get this adventure gets ignored :D

Wilhelm presents his findings to the party then puts them in a belt pouch for later examination. He reloads his crossbow. "Let us get away from here. Maybe we should circle the camp, come in from a different angle?"

B4cchus

Explorer
Hulgyr collects his javelin from the fallen pirate and runs back to collect his sword as well.
Encircling the camp sounds like a good plan, let's go

edit: Hulgyr also takes the crossbow from the pirate corpse.

edit: is the pirate Hulgyr hit with his javelin dead?

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Hulgyr walks near the pirate he nailed with the javelin, and cheks he´s indeed dead. (I missed the part where he drops the sword, so we´ll assume he has it with him) The orc also checks through the pain in his eyes -the sun is still up- the he´s nearer the camp that he thought, and several figures move there to meet the fleeing pirate (who´s still halfway between you and them). Though you´re far away, you´re prety sure they´ve spotted you when an arrow lands not too far from you - a desperate shot, given the distance, but a good one nonetheless.

[You said you were going to circle the camp. Are you going to do it from the east (the beach, with the group of trees) or the west, or are you going to change plans now that they know where are you?]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads