• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Why do you discuss Pathfinder on ENWorld instead of Paizo.com?

Rokes

First Post
Per the title. Why do you come to ENWorld to discuss Pathfinder instead of discussing it on Paizo's own forums?

I'll get things started:

• Variety: ENWorld has always provided me many different perspectives regarding everything games related. If you're going to Paizo to post, you already like the game. Here, it could be either or.
  • Forum Tools: ENWorld forums have so many more options than Paizo's, including major things like PMing and minor items like color fonts, and is IMO better organized than the Paizo boards.
  • Moderation: It seems at times over on Paizo's boards that the forumites are allowed to run wild ala Lord of the Flies. Snark is quickly shot down here, and I respect ENWorld for that. Paizo's isn't usually bad, ENWorld is just significantly better.

Please don't turn this into "Paizo Board Suck," because, well, they don't! They have a couple of big advantages (including the rate at which the dev's post there vs. here). I'm mostly intestered in what attributes of ENWorld keep you coming here to discuss Pathfinder.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Two reasons why I discuss Pathfinder here:

1. Not all of the people here are on the paizo boards
2. By all threads being in the same location, they are easier for me to manage.

Wicht

Hero
1) I've been an ENworlder longer than I have been a Paizoite
2) This gives me a place to go when Paizo crashes
3) There are fewer threads here and thus I can read through them quicker for interesting stuff (The Paizo boards are much more active than when I first started there)
4) There are different people here and as a frequenter of both I try to help answer questions for people that don't read the Paizo boards

I still post on both however and my PbP games are all at Paizo. In fact I routinely have both forums up on my computer at the same time.

Sammael

Adventurer
Because I like the format of the boards on Enworld more. Paizo's gives me a headache...
This. I cannot comprehend why Paizo doesn't switch to a "normal" forum layout. Plus, the seven gazillion different subforums doesn't really make the forums very friendly to those who don't have the time to find the exact right subforum...

kitsune9

Adventurer
ENWorld is more of a "central" location for me. I do have an account on Paizo, but I don't have time to really post there and any other forums when I'm posting on ENWorld. I go to ENWorld for general rpg news so it allows me to look at opinions of upcoming products as well if a poster wants to talk about that.

Aus_Snow

First Post
For the most part anyway, I just tend to spend more time (either lurking, or actually posting, in some cases) at general RPG boards, than house ones.

Not because all the house ones are bad/worse/unused, incidentally. And there are some notable (and thoroughly excellent) exceptions, like the Atomic Think Tank, for Mutants & Masterminds.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
Honestly, I don't like Paizo's message board. It's not the people, it's not the attitude, I just don't like how it's presented.

I find it difficult to navigate and a strain on my eyes. Maybe I just haven't found the right place to go to adjust settings, but as of today, I just don't like going there.

Remove ads