• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Why do you discuss Pathfinder on ENWorld instead of Paizo.com?

Nikmal

First Post
Per the title. Why do you come to ENWorld to discuss Pathfinder instead of discussing it on Paizo's own forums?

I'll get things started:

• Variety: ENWorld has always provided me many different perspectives regarding everything games related. If you're going to Paizo to post, you already like the game. Here, it could be either or.
  • Forum Tools: ENWorld forums have so many more options than Paizo's, including major things like PMing and minor items like color fonts, and is IMO better organized than the Paizo boards.
  • Moderation: It seems at times over on Paizo's boards that the forumites are allowed to run wild ala Lord of the Flies. Snark is quickly shot down here, and I respect ENWorld for that. Paizo's isn't usually bad, ENWorld is just significantly better.

Please don't turn this into "Paizo Board Suck," because, well, they don't! They have a couple of big advantages (including the rate at which the dev's post there vs. here). I'm mostly intestered in what attributes of ENWorld keep you coming here to discuss Pathfinder.
Having multiple areas to go to for information and or being able to comment in multiple areas is a good thing. Limiting yourself to only one area is like being a hermit.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I come here because of the diversity of the players. This site isn't dedicated to just one system or edition, and that's what makes it so good IMO. I like that the people on any of the forums or sub-forums, even if specifically for Pathfinder, are open to and probably play other games and editions. This means that there more diverse ideas and houserules/mechanics being offered because of these influences. Even though I don't play it, a 4E concept might be exactly the idea I need for a houserule in another system, or some mechanic from some obscure out-of-print game may fit the bill. These are the valuable little nuggets I'm always stumbling across here at ENWorld. I'm not saying that I won't get help like this on another site, but I know I will here.

Besides, ENWorld is just so darn cool!:cool:

Jason Bulmahn

Adventurer
Regardless of why you are posting here, I just thought folks should know that we do read the boards over here and now that we have our own, new, swanky forum, I intend to try and post here a bit more frequently.

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing

Rokes

First Post
Regardless of why you are posting here, I just thought folks should know that we do read the boards over here and now that we have our own, new, swanky forum, I intend to try and post here a bit more frequently.

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing

Thanks Jason! And thank you to the rest of the Paizo staff for doing so as well.

I like the look of Enworld. Paizo's white background isn't for me. I prefer Enworld black.

I remember when I first found ENWorld, I hated the black background. Now I love it, and wouldn't have it any other way!

Multiquote: Yet another reason I love ENWorld!

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing

Sweeeeeeeet!:cool:

erisred

First Post
Honestly, I don't like Paizo's message board. It's not the people, it's not the attitude, I just don't like how it's presented.

I find it difficult to navigate and a strain on my eyes. Maybe I just haven't found the right place to go to adjust settings, but as of today, I just don't like going there.
I'll have to echo this comment. I don't post much to any of these boards, but for *reading* this one is much better...and it's mostly the presentation.

Cleaner, faster, stronger, and more consolidated. It is a bear to manuver around the dozen or more subforums on Paizo, and because of that, most threads get a lot less feedback ( like having 2 GD forums for example). I am much happier now that there is PF dedicated forum.

Remove ads