• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) What are the top 3 things, above all else, you want from One DnD?

FallenRX

Adventurer
A lot of people want a lot of things, but i just wanted to make a thread summarizing what is the top 3 things, people actually want from this game come 2024, like above all else, what is ideally what you want from the game.

Vael

Legend
1. Better support for DMs across all tiers of play. This is me jamming a few points into one, but while I haven't experienced high level (past 10th level) play, I've heard 5e breaks down at those higher levels. And as a DM, I'd like the game to be easier on me and easier to make more DMs. This includes Monsters that are easy to run, support and tools for the non-combat pillars of play, etc.

2. Psionics. I would like to see a full Psionic class. I know it won't be in the PHB, but I would hope for Psion and Artificer to be in the first player-focused expansion of OneDnD.

3. A fairly easy transition. I didn't see the jump from 3.0 to 3.5 and I don't consider Essentials as a new edition of 4e, but I'd like 5e and OneDnD to be compatible.

mellored

Legend
1: fix the 0hp rules to prevent wack-a-mole. My current favorite fix is 0 hp doesn't down a character, but any more damage causes exhaustion (the new version).

2: sword magic. Preferably it's own class, like paladin or ranger, but even just more sword magic spells (i.e. booming blade, shadow blade) would go a long way.

3: ... maybe some balance tweaks.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Things I'd like though I don't think will happen are:
  1. An arcane version warrior/caster.
  2. Subclasses to start at level 1.
  3. Don't really need this from OneDnD since I can do it myself, but since I need a third, subclasses able to be taken by multiple classes.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Deal breakers:

If I can’t make a character using a mix of Eberron, Tasha’s, Xanathar’s, and the new PHB, I’m out.

Diverse art, inclusive lore, and diverse design team.

Still feels like D&D , and specifically like 5e that we have been playing for 8 years.

I’m not really worried either of those will disappoint me.

Less important but still really important:

Fixes for the problem classes that don’t rewrite them or take from them what makes them thematically cool.

The monk has to stay a mystic warrior, the ranger has to stay more than a survivalist.

Better downtime, crafting, interaction, and exploration (mostly resolution of distinct exploration challenges, idc about travel that much.

More optional rules in the core books to lean in different directions, updating the DMG especially based on what they’ve learned over a decade.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
So I am doing 5, as it’s still 5e…

1) fixed monster/encounter math (I think we will mostly get this)

2) nerfing this and boosting that to get better balance across options (again this will happen, hopefully enough)

3) Giving 1 and 2, otherwise keeping as much core 5e assumptions as possible, and many of the specifics. (Also should be a mostly).

4) Avoiding any kind of complexity or option creep (I am already worried about this).

5) More traditional flavor, e.g. more “archer” less “battle master”. (Chances seem low, but you can always hope).

Remove ads