W3: The Eidolon (Bront Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wik

First Post
A quick stopover is made at a tower-side market that deals in magical goods. Your purchases are made with a minimum of fuss - a wand of cure light wounds, Tondrek's scrolls, and Guardian's potions.

Soon, the cab smoothly lifts into the sky once more, and you make your way to the tower.

Like many towers in Sharn, this one seems to sway gently in the breeze, and looks as if even a strong gust of wind would send it toppling towards the earth. The coach points towards a particular floor - surrounded on all sides by a semi-open balcony, with a row of ivy-covered columns acting as a barrier between the landing itself and open sky.

"That's the floor." the driver says, having to yell over the sound of the wind. "Graff has rented out a few rooms on it. You can see one of his men there, waiting for you."

Winds buffet the cab as it approaches the landing. "I should drop you off at a landing proper, but Graff wanted this done quick, and we already wasted time at the market. Don't worry, though, I've done this before."

The cab is tossed about as it approaches the columns. Heavy winds scream around you, and everyone holds onto the sides of the cab tightly. When it finally (after what seems like hours, but is in fact perhaps only a minute) gets within touching distance of the columns, a scruffy-looking man wearing a striped black shirt runs towards the craft, and throws a rope ladder to the cab pilot. She catches it with one hand, and then shouts something that is swallowed up by the furious wind.

Suddenly, the cab drops ten feet before slamming to a stop once more. Everyone in the cab (with the exception of the cab pilot, and perhaps Guardian) feels more than a little sick from the sudden weightlessness. The cab pilot offers a sheepish grin, and says something that may or may not be an apology - no one can hear her.

The rope ladder in her hand gets tied very quickly to one of the gunwales, and the other end has already been tied to a support by the man in the striped shirt. Two other men, wearing open cloth shirts, stand next to him, obviously waiting for you to come up.

OOC: Climb checks, DC 6 to make it up the rope ladder. This is also your last chance for questions and whatnot.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek attempts to climb the rope, but the first time cannot even bring himself up any, due to the weight of his gear. He struggles again, and though he dangles over nothingness at times, pulls himself along, a dumb smile on his face as he looks at all the interesting things below. When he finally clambers up to the other side, almost pulling one of Graff's men off as he does so, he exclaims, "351 skycabs and two soarsleds! Neat!"

OOC: First attempt at the first five feet: -1; Second attempt for the first 5 feet: 9; next 5 feet: 10

Wik

First Post
Whoa. Someone failed it... by 5 or more. Pure and utter madness.

Tondrek is the first to reach the top landing. The scruffy man in the striped shirt shows his teeth in an approximation of a smile. He is clearly a half-elf, upon closer inspection.

"Nice to see you, chief. Name's Rukus. I'm second mate. We got coupla tuffs waiting for ya. They're bout ready to party, too, if'n ya read me right."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Wik said:
Whoa. Someone failed it... by 5 or more. Pure and utter madness.
OOC: Tondrek + heavy load = -6 Climb. He has to roll for a DC 6 check, as 4 is the highest he can do taking 10. :)

Tondrek waves happily. "I'm Tondrek!"

Patlin

Explorer
Wik said:
Suddenly, the cab drops ten feet before slamming to a stop once more. Everyone in the cab (with the exception of the cab pilot, and perhaps Guardian) feels more than a little sick from the sudden weightlessness.

T'Ranis feels a little green as gravity seems to fade and reassert itself.

How quickly ones stomach can forget!

In spite of mild queesiness, the experience feels somewhat homey to T'Ranis.

Seeing Tondrek struggle, T'Ranis opens his mouth to offer to help carry the load. The creature's struggle is valiant, though, and T'Ranis does not wish to embarass him if help is not desired.

At some point, I should mention in his presence that I have a magical means to help carry a substantial load, perhaps then he would feel more free to ask rather than being weighed down. On the other hand, now that we have a ship, he might choose simply to stow much of his equipment.

T'Ranis calmy (takes 10) climbs up without incident.

Wik

First Post
Rukus looks at Tondrek, more than a little bemused. He turns toward TRanis, offering a hand and pulling him up.

"Which one of you is the chief, chief?"

WarlockLord

First Post
Shadow looks down. "I hate heights. I could have stayed safely on the ground, but nooo....here I am, climbing a rope ladder in heavy winds. Why, oh why?" His fearful complaining is stopped when he reaches the top. Just then it occured to him that he could have sought the assistance of the nightmarish creatures that reside in his subconscious pyche. "Naah. Wastes too much power. Bad idea," he mutters to himself. "Anyone down there need a hand?" he offers, preparing to draw forth flying creatures that resemble those of the Far Realm beyond the stars.

OOC: Taking 10 for a total of 9.

Velmont

First Post
Haltash waits for the others to climb up before following. Taking his time, he climbs the rope ladder surely. As he climbs, the wind make the ladder unstable and Haltash doesn't feel at ease, but once he reach the top, he feels better.

He overhears the second mate question and then starts to wonder. Somehow, Haltash thought Graff would be the leader of that expedition. After all, he is the one paying, but he is not there. Who would be in charge. Not Trondek, that's sure, and T'Ranis seems too independant for that kind of responsability. But they don't know enough each other to know who is the best leader.

"Him." answers Haltash, pointing at Shadow. He then turns at shadow and contact his mind.

Better be you officially. For the good guy/bad guy, better be the good one the leader. We can always see again who will be the leader once the interrogation will be finish.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Taking 10 on the climb check, for a result of 9.

Haltash use his innate mindlink power on Shadow[/SBLOCK]

IcyCool

First Post
Climb check (1d20-5=5)

Guardian waits until last, and has almost as much difficulty with the rope ladder as Tondrek, but finally manages to climb to the landing despite the heavy winds and skycab motion.

While looking down at the skycab, Guardian says, "Graff's upgrades to that cab must have traded stability for speed."

Climb Check (1d20-5=8)

OOC: Technically, I don't think Guardian's ACP for his shield counts if he isn't wielding it, so the first check would have just succeeded, but I rolled a second one just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads