Two-Weapon Trip - Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Otu

First Post
I'm fine with allowing the double axe and urgrosh as well. The feat would need a name change and a small change of prerequisites, then.

Erekose13

Explorer
Here is my revamp. I think that incorporates everyone's comments. Should this feat apply only to one weapon (as written) or to all three?

Two-Weapon Trip[General]

You are a master of the quarterstaff, double-axe or urgosh, able to use the weapon more effectively than others in combat.

Prerequisites: Weapon Proficiency with the chosen weapon, Weapon Focus with the chosen weapon, Two-Weapon Fighting, Dex 15, Bab +1

Benefit: You can make trip attacks with the chosen weapon. When you make trip attacks, make a melee touch attack against your target. You don’t provoke an attack of opportunity. If you are tripped during your own trip attempt, you can drop your chosen weapon to avoid being tripped.

Normal: Only weapons marked as Trip weapons or unarmed strikes can be used to make trip attacks.

Special: A fighter may select Two-Weapon Trip as one of his fighter bonus feats. You may take this feat more than once. Each time you must choose a different weapon from those listed above.

Erekose13

Explorer
The only concern I had about allowing it to be all three was that the prereqs would have to say something about needing proficiency/focus in the weapons you want to use it for before you can use it. Right, confusing... even to me. I suppose the Special line could be changed to something like:

"You only need to take this feat once, but you must fill all of the prerequisites for the weapon you wish to use it with. If you fill all of the prerequisites on more than one of the weapons you can use this feat with all weapons for which you meet the prerequisites."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
How about just, "This feat applies for any of the listed weapons with which you meet the prerequisites"?

Erekose13

Explorer
hehe yeah that could work too :) I tend to be too verbose when explaining things, its a bad habit from my university days.

Jdvn1

Oh, I understand. I'm usually good, though, at a) coming up with ideas and 2) simplifying things. Probably a result of being all Physics-y and Math-y.

When people get to know me, they get better at picking apart the good ideas from the bad. I don't have a very good filter, but I can make it concise. Usually.

Jdvn1

All this talk about this feat... I really want to make a TWF guy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads