Two-Weapon Trip - Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I think we're not using the Complete books, but the Exotic Weapon Master lets you do it with exotic weapons, which includes the Orc Double-Axe and such. So I don't think it's a huge stretch...

Jdvn1

A human fighter that specializes in the quarterstaff can take this at first level? I don't think that's so bad. He still needs Combat Expertise and Improved Trip to be any good at it.

SlagMortar

First Post
Anyone who takes this feat could have taken Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Dire Flail) and gained the same benifits and +2 to disarm checks and an improved damage die (1d6 to 1d8). There are advantages to quarterstaff over Dire Flail such as cheaper, easier to find, more inconspicuous, but I think this feat is less powerful than exotic weapon proficiency (Dire Flail).

Jdvn1

Well, it's also color. I mean, you wouldn't deny an old man his walking stick would you?
;)

Manzanita

First Post
I think it would be a stretch to call this feat overpowered. I vote YES

I like the flavor of quarterstaff's myself. (& I caught your quote, JDVN1) You can't really carry them while you shoot from a bow, but Tenebryn doesn't even use a bow, does he? Just those durn scrolls of magic missile...

Erekose13

Explorer
Yeah but hes out, gotta read through the craft points thing and make a bunch more. cant wait till he gets a wand :)

So thats three! I'll add the feat to his character sheet.

Proposed modification that would need votes:
Change Quarterstaff to: Quarterstaff, Two-Bladed Sword, Orc Double Axe, and Dwarven Urgosh (the other two already allow tripping).

Jdvn1

Wow, that surprises me. I don't know how tripping with a two-bladed sword would be any different from tripping with a quarterstaff, but I also don't know much about two-bladed swords. So I guess it'd be, "All double weapons except for the two-bladed sword."

So if you take it for a weapon that already allows tripping, then it'd just be redundant. Unless you wanted to add, "If the weapon already allows you to make trip attacks, you now get a +2 bonus to the attempt." Which is similar to the Exotic Weapon Master ability that I mentioned earlier, if anyone bothered to look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads