• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Top Ten Signs D&D4e is Coming

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
mythusmage said:

Ehhh, I tried to make a joke ... because this is a humorous thread?

Like, everyone is interpreting everything that WotC does as a sign of 4e, so I thought I'd go straight for the mother of all evidence that 4e is coming. Sort of to contrast that to all the other "WotC releasing this book is a sure sign of 4e".

Hence, "3e is the number 1 sign that 4e is coming" (paraphrased).

Also, I was hoping to lampoon the "it's coming real sooooon" by pointing out that 4e has been coming real soon since the release of 3e.

But since I have to make a lenghty explanation of an admittedly weak joke, I guess it didn't communicate as well as I would have liked.

That's the rub of it.

/M

Crust

First Post
18) The relentless release of as many 3.5 books as possible before 4E is released. :\

Judging from the past, we have about 3-4 more years before 3.5 becomes obsolete. That's part of the reason that I don't really get excited about the new books. They're smoke and ash already. The same data will have to be re-released again with 4E on the cover, so what's the point?

I love D&D, but I don't like feeding my money to WotC in massive fist-fulls just so I can stay current with the rest of the world. Computers are one thing, but I don't really see a need to "upgrade" 3.5, especially when there will probably not only be a 4E, but a 4.5 as well. :\ Give us another ten years of 3.5, please.

Remove ads