• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Thoughts on 3e Revised?

Shard O'Glase

First Post
James McMurray said:

That was the most thinly veiled troll I've seen around here in a long time. I'm surprised it actually managed to suck some people in.

It's harm dude how can you not get sucked in. It's like a once a month tradition to get wrapped up in a harm debate.

Tom Cashel

First Post
Shard O'Glase said:

It's harm dude how can you not get sucked in. It's like a once a month tradition to get wrapped up in a harm debate.

Which makes no sense, since harm is perfectly fine as written. I just don't understand why people try to debate incontrovertible facts.

Marshall

First Post
Shard O'Glase said:

Once a Month! Isnt there something like three threads on the top pages right now? Come on, its at least weekly, if not bi-weekly. :D ;)

Stalker0

Legend
Marshall said:

Once a Month! Isnt there something like three threads on the top pages right now? Come on, its at least weekly, if not bi-weekly. :D ;)

Nah, its about once a month. Its just that they always seem to devolve into flame wars, so people start a new thread to try and get back on track:)

CleverName

Explorer
Returning to the topic at hand

I agree with the folks who do not see this as a big deal. As long as the content improves and is expanded, I feel like buying new core books every three years is a great deal.

More and better content is worth paying for. As Mr. Dancy pointed out what's $90 every three years for the amount of time and enjoyment I get out of the game? Compared to golf or movies, this hobby is cheap.

The best thing that the whiners can do about this is to simply not buy the new core books. If there are more of them that opt out than buy, that will be a message for WoTC.

I just hope that WotC is not under the impression that they will sell as many of this printing as 3e. I think this will be a constant seller, but not the juggernaut of 3e.

Stalker0

Legend
CleverName said:
Returning to the topic at hand

I agree with the folks who do not see this as a big deal. As long as the content improves and is expanded, I feel like buying new core books every three years is a great deal.

More and better content is worth paying for. As Mr. Dancy pointed out what's $90 every three years for the amount of time and enjoyment I get out of the game? Compared to golf or movies, this hobby is cheap.

The best thing that the whiners can do about this is to simply not buy the new core books. If there are more of them that opt out than buy, that will be a message for WoTC.

I just hope that WotC is not under the impression that they will sell as many of this printing as 3e. I think this will be a constant seller, but not the juggernaut of 3e.

I think a of people are worried that the books will simply contain a lot of the FAQ and errata pieces with little new content and a hefty price tag.

And if WOTC does that, it will be shameful, as a lot of the errors are their fault to begin with. However, if WOTC throws in a decent amount of new content, then I also agree buying new books would be worth it, the error corrections would be gravy since I know most of them anyway:)

IceBear

Explorer
Each book is going to be $29.00 US (from what I read). I personally could care less if there is a lot of new content or just a little. It's new content, errata, and clarifications in one (well, 3 :D) NEW book (my old ones need to be replaced anyway).

It's not a big deal for me. Since they'll be updated the SRD those that don't want to buy them can probably get everything in them anyway without buying them. I personally want WotC to stay in business so buying these books (I need to replace my old ones anyway) isn't a big deal to me.

IceBear

Stalker0

Legend
IceBear said:
Each book is going to be $29.00 US (from what I read). I personally could care less if there is a lot of new content or just a little. It's new content, errata, and clarifications in one (well, 3 :D) NEW book (my old ones need to be replaced anyway).

It's not a big deal for me. Since they'll be updated the SRD those that don't want to buy them can probably get everything in them anyway without buying them. I personally want WotC to stay in business so buying these books (I need to replace my old ones anyway) isn't a big deal to me.

IceBear

But as we all know icebear, your so easily parted from your money:D

Btw, can I have 5 bucks?

IceBear

Explorer
Stalker0 said:

But as we all know icebear, your so easily parted from your money:D

Btw, can I have 5 bucks?

As I told Piratecat, it has to be gaming related. Put together a decent PDF file of house rules or something gaming related I'll give you $5 :)

IceBear

Remove ads