• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Thoughts on 3e Revised?

IceBear

Explorer
Plane Sailing said:

Will you send me some money?

:D Just testing *how* easily! :D

If you slapped together a PDF of all your house rules/rule ideas and sold it for $5 I'd probably end up buying it - if it had good reviews :D

I should qualify my earlier statement - I'm easily parted from my money by high tech gadgets and RPG stuff :)

IceBear

IceBear

Explorer
Yeah, you're right. I could have *sworn* that I I read somewhere else that it said "feats from other sourcebooks", but I can't find that now so I must have dreamt it :)

IceBear

thalmin

Retired game store owner
IceBear said:
Yeah, you're right. I could have *sworn* that I I read somewhere else that it said "feats from other sourcebooks", but I can't find that now so I must have dreamt it :)

IceBear

There is another line about
Each revision includes some premium content from products that followed the original core rulebook release.
This was listed under "Key Selling/Marketing Points:" towards the bottom of the page.

Tom Cashel

First Post
For the last time, they won't change harm. There's nothing wrong with it.

Oh, except for the fact that it makes whiny players whine more, and louder. But that's not exactly the best reason to revise something, now is it?

:D

Drawmack

First Post

Meybe they'll revise great cleave so it doesn't amount to a high level fighter spinning in circles and doing an impression of a meat grinder.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Tom Cashel said:
For the last time, they won't change harm. There's nothing wrong with it.

Oh, except for the fact that it makes whiny players whine more, and louder. But that's not exactly the best reason to revise something, now is it?

:D

Really I thought it was whiny DMS, I know my DM whined a lot when I'd bust it out with a quickened cause moderate wounds vs every big bad he threw at us. Me as DM, well I was smart :D enough to modify it and make it an 8th level spell.

doktorstick

First Post
The Souljourner said:
I'm with IceBear here. I have 1st printing copies of all the core books, and I'd love to have revisions that clarifies all the wonkiness we've all found in the books over the past couple years. I also think some people are way over-reacting. They make it relatively clear in that comment that it's not going to be 4th edition with completely new rules, just clarifications and errata included in the book.
Well, I just hope that their reviewers are a little more methodical like us or else you'll have the 1st printing of DMG Revised (TM) with new wonkiness and errors. In reality, they should give the books to be read by a couple of RPG-playing engineers and we would find most of the inconsistencies. :)

/ds

Last edited:

IceBear

Explorer
Well, I am expecting some errors and what not in this too - nothing is 100%. All I'm really expecting is the existing errata and clarification in three books. Since I kinda need new copies anyway......

IceBear

Tom Cashel

First Post
Shard O'Glase said:

Really I thought it was whiny DMS, I know my DM whined a lot when I'd bust it out with a quickened cause moderate wounds vs every big bad he threw at us. Me as DM, well I was smart :D enough to modify it and make it an 8th level spell.

DMs are in control. Any DM who whines should be put in the stocks and whipped with a cat-o-nine-tails. In any case, DMs shouldn't whine when baddies get stomped...that's what they're there for. There's always MORE!

Or the next big bad has Spell Turning. Or Spell Resistance. Or a hundred other things that will foil players who rely on the same trick for every encounter. e.g. True Seeing works wonders on the player who decides to make Phantasmal Killer his crutch.

Wait:

...making harm higher level than slay living is "smart"? Coulda fooled me.

Remove ads