• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Treasure of the Tierra Padre... [Knight Otu Judging]

Manzanita

First Post
Ignatious

"Oh. That was some fighting. Well done, Gath and Rogier. Crocodile skin could be valuable, but I'm not much for skinning and er, preparing that sort of meat."

Zweischneid

First Post
For a moment, Razir ponders the impression he'd make in Orussus with some new crocodile-skin-boots, but similarly comes to the conclusion that he'd have no Idea on how to hide the scaly beast.

'Not much skin left anyways..' the half-elf rasps. '..besides, we're still running against the clock, are we not?'

Sheathing his unused Rapier, the grey-clad Rogue skips light-footedly over the crocodiles corpse and kneels down to inspect the little water-channel for any more unpleasant surprises before the horses are brought in. ((Search +5))

GPEKO

First Post
Gath

Gath wipes the mud off his face. "Ha, Ha! Me tell you me smash good! Oh, and good work Rogier. Now we be eating nice fresh meat tonight." Gath starts looking for a way to attach the crocodile's corpse to his horse sothat it can drag it.

El Jefe

First Post
Oirhandir rummaged through the animal's packs and retrieved some of Rupert's rope. He had no special skill with ropecraft, but remembered enough from his days of adjusting ship's rigging to assist Gath in securing what looked to become dinner that night.

"The unlearned one has many skills", he thought to himself. "Perhaps he can be even more helpful."

"Gath", he inquired, "do you know how to make leather? I don't know if Rupert would be interested in the hide, but even if he isn't, it might fetch enough coins at the marketplace to be worth the trouble."

GPEKO

First Post
Gath

El Jefe said:
"Gath", he inquired, "do you know how to make leather? I don't know if Rupert would be interested in the hide, but even if he isn't, it might fetch enough coins at the marketplace to be worth the trouble."
"Make leather?" Gath scratches his head. "No, me no good at that. Me no good at doing good food either. Not like me old Graga*. Me smash good, that be all. Can you do good food with monster meat?"

*Orcish:
mother

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
GPEKO said:
"Can you do good food with monster meat?"

At that, Oirhandir laughed. "I'm no master chef", he admitted. "But anyone can do better with fresh meat than salt pork, and I'll see what I can do tonight when we camp." "I'll also see what we can do about getting the hide off that thing before we cook it", he thought to himself.

Oirhandir helped Gath secure the carcass for transport, then prepared once again to search for the "hye hille".

Gurdjieff

First Post
"You have quite some power in those arms, Gath. A very swift ending of that animal's life. Hopefully it'll have some better luck in the afterlife."
Rogier nods as the party starts packing the carcass for transport. Rogier himself looks if the horses are still okay, and if so, prepares them to move on again.

Zweischneid

First Post
The way clear, Razir and his horse cross over the shallow gap to proceed southwards.

'Whats that scaly skin good for anyways?' he quietly wonders

[edit]
Well, advance warning here... I'll be on holidays from the 26th or 27th up to the 4th of January.
Guess it will be bumby here on ENWorld anyways over christmas, but so you know ahead of time.

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
Once (If?) the crocodile is secured, Gath is ready to go.

OOC: I'm leaving tomorrow for a vacation where I will have no access to the internet. I'll be back on the 28th. Feel free to NPC Gath. Happy holidays!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads