• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E The Soonest You Would Purchase 4e

When is the soonest you would buy a 4e release? (Select only one)

• First half of 2007 (before June 2007)

Votes: 49 14.6%
  • Second half of 2007 (before Christmas)

Votes: 27 8.0%

Votes: 54 16.1%

Votes: 28 8.3%

Votes: 86 25.6%
  • I will n to buy 4e, regardless of when it is released.

Votes: 92 27.4%

Mr. Lobo

First Post
I can't vote I will not buy 4E regardless...because I might.

When 3.5E came out I went back to Basic and Expert rules DnD and didn't buy the new rules. After putting about $1200 into 3.0 the wind went right out of my sails as far as supporting WoTC was concerned. Believe me, I jumped right onto the WoTC bandwagon when 3.0 came out and even secured myself a part time position at one of their retail stores so I could be right at the cutting edge of the new edition. Sort of.

I liked 3.0 but in the end it was just too much paperwork and rules sets to keep up on that detracted from my enjoyment of the game. Releasing 3.5 was the proverbial straw for me. Even though the changes were relatively minor (3.0 to 3.5) I didn't want to do even more work with conversions...that's not fun for me.

Every now and then a zephyr blows into my wallet and I get the urge to buy 3.5 (just to have the rules) but I haven't succumbed yet. The SRD works for me so far in that regard.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads