• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!
The Making of Original Dungeons & Dragons: 1970-1977

D&D General The Making of Original Dungeons & Dragons: 1970-1977 Coming In June

Starmaster

Explorer
Gold foil? Multiple bookmark ribbons? Inconceivable!

I've never even seen a book with four ribbon bookmarks before. And all that foil to boot.

This doesn't sound like something that's going to be available at most FSGS and it looks like WotC isn't distributing their product to Books-A-Million or Barnes & Noble anymore, so it's going to be really interesting to see just how good of a job Amazon will be able to do in beating the hell out of it before it gets to me.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I've never even seen a book with four ribbon bookmarks before. And all that foil to boot.

This doesn't sound like something that's going to be available at most FSGS and it looks like WotC isn't distributing their product to Books-A-Million or Barnes & Noble anymore, so it's going to be really interesting to see just how good of a job Amazon will be able to do in beating the hell out of it before it gets to me.
No, they are distributing to B&N, all these new books are on the B&N website already. They dropped using one diatributor,doesn't mean they are dropping book stores.

Amd this will be at FLGS, no doubt. It is a $100 book, though.

Starmaster

Explorer
No, they are distributing to B&N, all these new books are on the B&N website already. They dropped using one diatributor,doesn't mean they are dropping book stores.

Amd this will be at FLGS, no doubt. It is a $100 book, though.
That's good to hear. I hadn't been able to find The Deck of Many Things at either bookstores' website in the past, but now I see that it is finally listed at Books-A-Million (although shown as currently not in stock), but I still haven't been able to find a listing for the Deck on Barnes & Noble. As you mentioned, I see the Vecna book currently listed on Barnes & Noble, although it's not yet on Books-A-Million. So hopefully all these new books will be in the stores in a timely fashion.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That's good to hear. I hadn't been able to find The Deck of Many Things at either bookstores' website in the past, but now I see that it is finally listed at Books-A-Million (although shown as currently not in stock), but I still haven't been able to find a listing for the Deck on Barnes & Noble. As you mentioned, I see the Vecna book currently listed on Barnes & Noble, although it's not yet on Books-A-Million. So hopefully all these new books will be in the stores in a timely fashion.
Unfortunately, the Deck of Many Things is a bit of an oddball case, it seems.

teitan

Legend

They will still be in BooksAMillion and B&N, just not through the same distributor. WOTC wouldn't be so dumb as to cut off their hand. OK, maybe but they will still be in book stores and big box retailers through other channels.

Remove ads