The Making of Original Dungeons & Dragons: 1970-1977

D&D General The Making of Original Dungeons & Dragons: 1970-1977 Coming In June

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Is that June 18th release date set in stone now? I was under the impression the release dates were announced in error, then retracted, and as far as I know haven't yet been re-announced or amended.

This is the re-announcement.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Here's to hoping WotC finally catches up to the OSR of 15 years ago and starts including ribbon bookmarks in their books. Not just this one, but in the actual core books, modules, and supplements.
It shouldn't influence me, but if they actually slap gold foil on the covers of the first printings of the 2024 books and include ribbon bookmarks, that will definitely bump them up a partial letter grade with me.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
And they keep on pushing D&D as a lifestyle brand.

"Converse footwear and apparel
A LEGO™ building set complete with minifigures
Treats from Pop-Tarts to enjoy during your game sessions"

I'm interested in seeing what LEGO does. Not gonna lie, we absolutely used LEGOs as kids for playing D&D.
They really need to get a Mt Dew promotion before years end. They do them with everyone and the Dew is a foundational part of the hobby. Bonus points if they get Domino's in on the act as well.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
And they keep on pushing D&D as a lifestyle brand.

"Converse footwear and apparel
A LEGO™ building set complete with minifigures
Treats from Pop-Tarts to enjoy during your game sessions"

I'm interested in seeing what LEGO does. Not gonna lie, we absolutely used LEGOs as kids for playing D&D.
1707778908677.png

It looks like you meet in a tavern, go to a castle and crawl a dungeon. It's a one-box adventure is what I said on my site when I reviewed the reveal imagery.

Remove ads