• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Terra Subterranea and The Caverns of Lost Time

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: Yeah, spreading out a bit is probably good, though even with 5ft between lines we'll still be inside a fireball spread.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Trouble is that Frieball is a very wide spread. Now, the steeds are fast enough that you could have significant distance between you and still be only a single move away from each other, but that makes trouble for Bless etc. So what's the thought--five feet between each row? Ten? Change the rows from the way I have them? Let's finalise this so we can continue)

ajanders

Explorer
Considering we're moving nearly an order of magnitude than most of our characters ever have -- especially since none of us are very serious riders, I think -- any formation we make up is going to be a rough model to hold to.

As for whether we stay close or spread out, the closer we get, the better we handle melee, the farther we spread the better we handle area effects.
I think we're more likely to be ambushed by wendigo than wizards, so I'll vote for Rystil's proposal.

Velmont

First Post
It isn't just a fireball we have to get scared of, but an avalanche too. They could start a rocky or snow avalanch on us. But I think closer is better then farther.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: So exactly like in the code block then? Or with a space between each row? I think your analysis is correct as to the strengths and weaknesses of each formation, so if I do ever use either melee or AoE, I want to make sure there was at least a consensus on how to be set up. How about one more new voice in favour of a version of my proposal and one of the two initial people clarify between those two and we'll say 3/6 is a wash and keep going? Sound good?)

Remove ads