Terra Subterranea and The Caverns of Lost Time

Xael

First Post
Ducane moves to attack the creature, using spring attack to get somewhere closer to flanking position.

Unless readying to try catching a falling Zack looks like it would make more sense.

OOC: Attack +11 (1d10+6).

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Ducane dances forward and slashes into the beast's hide with his scythe, skillfully avoiding leaving any opening. Hulgyr is not so strong on the not-leaving-an-opening front, as his reckless advance allows the beast to swing at him, but its wild blow is unable to smash through the orc's defenses, at least as long as Hulgyr manages to restrain his battle frenzy. Hulgyr's attack is massive and bloody as steel slices fur and flesh and bone, easily on par with the creature's assault of Zack.*

(OOC: 14 Damage, 44, so 140 so far)

*Michael gets as much of a running start as he can on the snow and then leaps into the air with a burst of supernatural strength channeled into his legs, his soaring jump seeming an almost-comical display of a man attempting to fly, and yet, he manages to clear five feet in height with his jump, enough to allow him to flail about like a leaping salmon and lay his hand on Zack, healing the grimm warrior away from the brink of death. After that, however, it is fortunate that the snow remembered to catch Michael's face-first fall, though it doesn't taste the same as he remembered...*

*Meanwhile, Eternity burns the creature with a beam of energy so intense that it is clearly, though thin, more powerful than both of Aya's rays combined. Those nearby instinctively flinch away from the intense heat and shield their eyes, and when the red afterglow fades from their vision, all that is left of the creature is a pile of charred ash and bone.*

(OOC: Eternity does 67 Damage, so the poor thing wound up at almost -50 and like -75 after its Rage ended by dying. Yikes!)

*Zack tumbles to the ground as the creature falls, but since he is able to control his fall, he is not particularly hurt.*

(OOC: Zack takes 2 nonlethal damage)

"Okay. Well, from what I've read, it seems we have just met a particularly cantankerous Lesser Wendigo. They roam these mountains in search of food, so I guess we would have been today's main course."

Velmont

First Post
Opale looks at the beast. "And how many more are hungry in this region? Lucky Zack had the mind to awake Duncane before going after the beast, or we would have one less man."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"How many are in the Wendigo Mountains? Probably none?" Aya replies with a hint of dry humour, "I guess the Lesser ones aren't so dangerous--it seems like Eternity could probably take care of one on her own. The big trouble is that I've read they are just as likely to hunt in family groups, and that could quickly become overwhelming."

Velmont

First Post
"Do you have a Rope Trick spell or a Secure Mansion or anything like that. I think it would eb wiser to ward oursleves from there presence." Opale looks at the body. "I think good fire spells would be a good thing too. Sadly, that's way out of my abilities."

ajanders

Explorer
Michael stands up and brushes himself off.

"Pfaaugh!! Blarrggh! Uckpthhh!"
He looks glumly down at the snow.

"Judging from the concentration of its urine, it must be a very efficient hunter. Don't ask how I know that."

He takes a moment to spit downwind.

"I'll have to go look at the cave, but I think I can get us closed up pretty tightly. And I think tomorrow we try and camp in a teeny cave with an opening we need to crawl through."

He eyes the mass of muscle and fur warily.
Wait, that's Hulgyr.

He looks at the corpse again.
"And this is the lesser wendigo. Let's get back inside."

When the party gets back into the cave, Michael invokes the power of the Dimmerstone to seal off as much of it as possible: he wants to leave a hole too small for bears or wendigo, even if it means the wall is only two or three inches thick.
He's betting the wendigo isn't smart enough to recognize it could batter a two inch thick wall down in a few minutes.

Remove ads