Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Xir, if palaver means to speak or hold conference, then yes. I see Elthic is here as well. Have Abdul and Eleria been here awaiting employment as well, or will I possibly need to find more to fill in for them?" the pseudodragon asks the quiet Xeph.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The xeph shakes his head. I have not spied the visage of those of who you speak. Only myself and the dwarf have returned to this place at this time.

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle Bluebelle, Cloistered Cleric 1

"Oh my goddess!" squeals Periwinkle when the pseudodragon flies in. She bounds to her feet, knocking over several benches, and practically levitates to the pseudodragon's side, squealing, "Oh, he's so cute! Look at his tiny little wings, and those adorable little claws. Oh, isn't he fierce-looking! Oh, your name's Verminar? Can I call you Vermie? Who's my cutie-wutie little Vermie-wormie!" If for some reason, such as heart failure, the creature fails to dodge or resist, she will actually try to pick him up and pet him.

ooc: Periwinkle is obnoxious, but I'm hoping she comes off as being at least a little bit cute as well. If she comes off as horrifyingly stalker-ish instead, chalk it up to my bad roleplaying. :)

Phoenix8008

First Post
As Periwinkle comes near to reaching out for him, Verminar rises up and back with a few flaps of his wings. From just out of arms reach, he says to Periwinkle, "Excuse me ma'am, but I am trying to hold an important meeting here concerning a dire subject. If you are interested in possible employment, you may have a seat since it appears that the group I came in search of is not all here. But I would ask you to not presume me a mere pet to be played with."

covaithe

Explorer
"Oh!" Periwinkle, exclaims, her hand flying to her mouth. Her lip starts to quiver, and a tiny crystalline tear forms at the corner of one eye. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to offend you or treat you like a pet. I just... you're so cute, and I just wanted a hug and Sister Anemone is always telling me not to hug people, but I like hugs, don't you? Of course, I'll be happy to sit and listen to your very kind offer of employment, which is why I left home, to be an adventurer and help people and all. But you look so serious, and you're talking about dire subjects and all, and your friends aren't all here, so maybe a hug would cheer you up? Just one teensy-weensy little hug?" She finishes hopefully.

ooc: diplomacy +6, if it helps. ;)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Diplomacy (1d20+6=26) :confused::eek:

Verminar's shoulders seem to slump slightly and he sighs. Silently, he drifts forward and engages in a brief embrace with the woman before pulling away and resuming his perch upon the chairback at the table. Periwinkle isn't quite sure whether he submitted just to appease her, or if she read him so truly that he was surprised to find out the truth himself.

"Now, to business." the pseudodragon says while waiting for the dwarf to join them for a discussion.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Aaaahahahahaha! I laughed hard enough at that that I had to explain to my wife what was so funny, which got me some really strange looks.

With a dreamy sigh, Periwinkle sits down on the bench, a smile of utter contentment across her face.

Wik

First Post
Elthic sees the Pseudodragon hug Periwinkle, and nearly chokes. "Termites got to your brain, I see. It was just a matter of time."

Elthic slides out of his chair, and stands next to the dragon. "Once again, thank you for sparing our lives. What is it you seek? I haven't seen the mage, or that woman - she broke my spear, you know - since we left your house."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Verminar nearly smiles at the dwarf's jest about termites. "It seems your curses were more effective than you supposed. The termites just took longer to affect my non-wooden form. And again, you are welcome."

Settling into a comfortable crouch, the pseudodragon begins in earnest. "Something has happened in the house. A skeleton has appeared in the basement, and I need it destroyed because it is clawing to get out of there. I know what you are thinking... 'Why all this fuss over one skeleton?' It is not that skeleton itself that concerns me greatly. You see, the skeleton came through THE PORTAL. The archway which was magically sealed has been OPENED. I'm not sure what is going on, or what else may come through."

Looking around nervously, Verminar realizes that he has spoken rather loudly and that several people are looking his way and listening with keen interest. "I trust you two, and would hire you to dispose of this skeleton, and anything else which may have come through the portal in my absence. Then to assist me in trying to find out what is going on and put a stop to it. This portal is dangerous, you must understand. It was there before this city. The house was built around IT. Allahastor lived there to continue his studies of it and to mantain the wards which prevent anything coming out of it. Now he's gone, and the wards have already failed or something. Truthfully, I expected them to last longer and give me time to find another wizard powerful enough to help deal with it. But there seems to be some grand treat to the world that has called most of the heroes out of the city for the moment. So we are all left to do what we may."

"As far as payment for your services goes, well I'm not sure yet. Xir and Elthic, I think you two know that I'll treat you and any others fairly and pay you well for services rendered. But as I don't know precisely what this mission will encompass, I'd like to leave specifics of payment vague for now. I do have a sum of money with me to pay a retainer of sorts for any that sign on. So, what do you two say? Are you with me to destroy this skeleton and see where this goes from there?" Verminar asks the dwarf and the zeph before opening his offer to others.

Remove ads