• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stat this up # 2

Nookie

Explorer
vie been sucked into holiday craziness and finals the last few weeks so my responses are few and far between to say the least.

sorry about that.

Cleon

Legend
vie been sucked into holiday craziness and finals the last few weeks so my responses are few and far between to say the least.

sorry about that.

Yes, I noticed you'd been quiet recently and had assumed it was Christmas-related.

It's usually not a busy time for RPG forums.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Heh, this is the first time in a week I've had a chance to look at ENWorld. Holidays should be a time to get caught up on things, but I always get farther behind!

Cleon

Legend
Hold on a moment, checking the Foxdragon Working Draft we never actually finished the conversion!

I never got around to adding the description or tactics (which I have just done), it's still missing entries for Organization, Challenge Rating, Treasure, Alignment and Advancement and the Environment is still ??? marked.

Finally, there's no background flavour text.

We'd better finish those before we start on the True Dragon version!

EDIT: For the missing stats, I think "Temperate or warm forests" is fine and we can use a Pseudodragon for most of the rest:

Organization: Solitary, pair, or clutch (3–5)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: None
Advancement: 3–4 HD (Tiny)
Level Adjustment: +3

That just leaves Alignment. We could make it Neutral Good like a Pseudodragon but I'd rather switch it for the sake of distinctiveness.

I'm thinking either Neutral, Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Good maybe with the possibility of Chaotic Evil. I feel there's something rather Chaotic about them. I included an evil option because there are a lot of malevolent fox spirits in Chinese folklore, so the Foxdragon may be similar.

How about "Always Chaotic, usually neutral" or "Always Chaotic, equal chance of good, neutral and evil"?

Any preferences?

Last edited:

Nookie

Explorer
Hold on a moment, checking the Foxdragon Working Draft we never actually finished the conversion!

I never got around to adding the description or tactics (which I have just done), it's still missing entries for Organization, Challenge Rating, Treasure, Alignment and Advancement and the Environment is still ??? marked.

Finally, there's no background flavour text.

We'd better finish those before we start on the True Dragon version!

EDIT: For the missing stats, I think "Temperate or warm forests" is fine and we can use a Pseudodragon for most of the rest:

Organization: Solitary, pair, or clutch (3–5)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: None
Advancement: 3–4 HD (Tiny)
Level Adjustment: +3

That just leaves Alignment. We could make it Neutral Good like a Pseudodragon but I'd rather switch it for the sake of distinctiveness.

I'm thinking either Neutral, Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Good maybe with the possibility of Chaotic Evil. I feel there's something rather Chaotic about them. I included an evil option because there are a lot of malevolent fox spirits in Chinese folklore, so the Foxdragon may be similar.

How about "Always Chaotic, usually neutral" or "Always Chaotic, equal chance of good, neutral and evil"?

Any preferences?
Sounds good to me on all accounts.

Remove ads