• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spider-Man reactions (spoilers)

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Welverin said:

If you still read comics I suggest you give USM and ASM a try.

In fact you can read some Marvel books online here for free. Including USM (all the way back to the beginning).

Hey, thanks for the link!!!!

Chairman_Kaga

Founder of the Gourmet Gamer Academy
Batman changed the entire origin of both Batman and the Joker. And then they KILLED Batman's main nemesis.

The Joker exists to foil Batties inner psychosis. Hard to do when he's dead two hours into his illustrious career. I have no problem with altering a story for a screenplay but the Joker's continued existence is so crucial to the Batman story that killing him made NO sense.

That said, I skipped the rest of the Bat trash that Warner Bros. threw out there to make a buck.

PenguinKing

First Post
Chairman_Kaga said:
The Joker exists to foil Batties inner psychosis. Hard to do when he's dead two hours into his illustrious career. I have no problem with altering a story for a screenplay but the Joker's continued existence is so crucial to the Batman story that killing him made NO sense.
Sure it did, if you consider that it was supposed to be a one-shot, two-hour production - there weren't even any plans for a sequel at the time. Gotta come to some sort of conclusion if you only have two hours to do th' whole thing, eh?

(Besides, the Joker's "real" origin is so full of plot holes and improbabilities it would have turned the movie into a comedy if they'd used it. ;) )

Oh, and Dr Midnight... I see somebody can't tell the difference between personal distaste and an actual, objective evaluation of quality. "I don't like it, but most other people are okay with it, therefore... it's trash and everyone else is an idiot!", eh? :p

- Sir Bob.

Last edited:

Holy Bovine

First Post
Green Knight said:
"Spider-Man, Spider-Man,
Swings a web, anywhere..."

Funny thing about that cartoon, though. The sky was all yellow and red and crap. New York must've had a SERIOUS problem with pollution in the early 80's! ;)

Can't wait to see this movie, though. I plan to be there with my brother, sister, and my 2 nieces on opening day.

And the 1989 Batman was a great movie.

Well, the original Spiderman cartoon was done in the late 60's early 70's by none other than Ralph Baski (sp?) the same guy who did that terrible Lord of the Rings cartoon/live action thing.

I am looking forward to Spiderman far more than Star Wars Ep2 (although recent trailers and interviews at least make me want to see Ep2 before it hits video ;) ).

Batman was the best superhero movie until X-Men came out. I never really followed Batman as a kid (except for the psyhce-scarring Adam West TV show) but I liked the movie well enough to actually pick up some issues. Personally I never felt that, given how often the history is re written and the dead come back to life, it was too important for movies to try and follow the comic book as far as orgins go - just give me an entertaining story!

And Dr. M. Tim Burton a hack? Puleeeze!

WanderingMonster

First Post
Green Knight said:
"Spider-Man, Spider-Man,
Swings a web, anywhere..."

The verses may be out of order (I'm typing this from memory), but I think the words--at least--are right...:p

Spiderman, Spiderman
Does whatever a spider can.
Spins a web
Any size
Catches thieves
just like flies.

Look Out!
There goes the Spiderman!

Is he strong?
Listen, bud
He's got radioactive blood.
Can he swing
from a thread?
Take a look
Overhead.

Hey man!

In the Chiiiiill of night
At the scene of a crime
Like the speeeeed of light
He arrives just in time!

Spiderman, Spiderman
Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman

Spiderman, Spiderman
Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman

Hey Man!

Berandor

lunatic
I'm looking forward to Spiderman, and I'm taking a look at these online comics right now.

Batman I (and II) are very good movies, and Tim Burton is a great director (just go watch Ed Scissorhands or Nightmare before Christmas) who sold his soul to the devil Hollywood with "Planet of the Apes". It still hurts to write both, Burton and the movie's name, in the same sentence.

Batman I had Jack Nicholson, II had Christopher Walken (and Catwoman - meow!) Don't go dissing them! And especially, don't go mentioning them and the Schumacher garbage that came after in the same breath!

Berandor
should have opened a new thread, perhaps?

Henry

Autoexreginated
PenguinKing said:
(Besides, the Joker's "real" origin is so full of plot holes and improbabilities it would have turned the movie into a comedy if they'd used it. ;) )

Yeah, I know I'D take a glorified bank robber named the Red Hood seriously. *Henry tries his best to hold back the inevitable cracking of his straight face.*

To me, the only time the Joker was REALLY good was his first-ever appearance in Detective Comics back in the 1930's. He was friggin' NASTY!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads