• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Special Conversion Thread: Lycanthropes and their ilk

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
OK, we're changing "change self" to hide from animals, and we had talked about using magic fang instead. What about using greater magic fang in place of suggestion? That's basically equivalent in level.

Cleon

Legend
OK, we're changing "change self" to hide from animals, and we had talked about using magic fang instead. What about using greater magic fang in place of suggestion? That's basically equivalent in level.

Hmm... I suppose that could do, although since it's at-will and CL 15th that means it, and any of its werepanther minions it can be bothered to help within its 15 hour duration, will have a +3 enhancement bonus to their natural attacks.

Maybe we should make it (self only) to cut down on the potential for it spamming the SLA?

freyar

Yes, I'd agree with that.

Work on the spells next?

Oh, and is the blue text done? All the colors are making it a bit hard to read.

freyar

I will agree to both those suggestions!

I believe we agreed on 8th level druid casting. That'd be 6/5/4/4/3 spells/day. I'll start at 0th level. How about detect magic, read magic .... (have to go!)

Cleon

Legend
I will agree to both those suggestions!

Updating the Panther Lord Working Draft.

Upon reflection, I don't like the "one of the panther lord's" at the end of the final paragraph:

A panther lord can use Panther Trance to send simple telepathic instructions of up to three words ("kill", "capture slaves", "return with loot") to one of the panther lord's werepanther thralls.

I think it works better with:

A panther lord can use Panther Trance to send simple telepathic instructions of up to three words ("kill", "capture slaves", "return with loot") to its werepanther thralls.

I believe we agreed on 8th level druid casting. That'd be 6/5/4/4/3 spells/day. I'll start at 0th level. How about detect magic, read magic .... (have to go!)

Why read magic? Does it have a large magic library in its mud hut.

I'd go for cure minor wounds, detect magic, detect poison, guidance, purify food and drink, resistance.

Hmm... entangle and faerie fire are always handy 1st level spells for a druid. What do you fancy for the others?

freyar

The wording change is fine.

I was just in a bit of a rush and was also uninspired on the 0th level spells, though I would think an example like von Kharkov would like to pick up scrolls and the like from time to time. Your suggestions are fine, except I realized it already has an at will detect magic SLA. What about mending or another cure minor wounds (or even read magic)?

I like those two 1st level spells. Obscuring mist and pass without trace seem appropriate to the flavor. And we could really go overboard with the Jump checks and give it jump. But I think I like longstrider, actually.

Remove ads