• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) (+) Reviving Ideas from DnDnext

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Since I have no idea what was involved in the playtest, I can't speak about it. Is there a resource available to browse through with information about it?

Sacrosanct

Legend
I liked how specialties worked. Sort of a hybrid between background and subclass, but not tied to any class. I liked how you could have any class choose a certain specialty as long as they met the (very easy) prerequisite.

*Edit I also liked the fighting styles better than the more simplified versions they went with

Last edited:

bennet

Explorer
Threadcrapping
Those are two very different editions, 5.5 has rangers dual bow wielding while in 6e they removed combat because it was upsetting the community.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
- Sorcerer having a real specific class function instead of receiving the other spellcasters's discarded features.

- Classes more frontloaded, fulfilling the fantasy of said class by level 10 or so. No more waiting 20 levels to do something basics as becoming harder to be targeted by wolves and gophers!

- Rage gives you temp hp instead of resistance. Berserker's fury do not cost a bonus action nor does it inflict exhaustion. It only cost 5 hp per free additional attack (once per turn). Barbarian can spend uses of Rage to autocrit on a hit.

- Rogue need Advantage for Sneak Attack, but each subclass comes with a way to generate advantage for itself.

- Clerics have bonus spells up to 7th level if they do not gain martial weapons + heavy armor. There's 12 different Channel Divinity and you domain tells you which you can use.

- Druid shapeshift comes with templates instead of using the monsters from the MM.

- Paladins smite comes in the form of a Channel Divinity, and they can give a +CHA bonus to a save to ONE target as a REACTION.

- Rangers are based on what they hunt or their favored enemy (Giant slayer, Dragon hunter, Horde Breaker etc).

Wasn't involved in the playtest, but everything I heard about the playtest sorcerer makes me with something like that was available.

Remove ads