• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruiting]Comic Crusaders(DnD)

GWolf

First Post
"Those four, they were heroes you could say, but you would've never guessed by the looks of 'em"
-Thankful and Bewildered Farmer

Hey, everyone. I am in the mood to try out a new game concept. The idea is basic, I am looking for quick posting and dedicated players to play as odd characters in a slightly odd vanilla D&D world.

The game would be basic D&D stuff, players in general have freedom of action, although a certain amount of deus ex machina on the part of the DM may drive them towards certain quests.

Character Creation:
30 Standard Point Buy
All Classes (Psionics, Samurais etc.)
Any books, but if I ask for something please supply it.
Level 2
Money as DMG
Please don't play a standard type of characters, be creative.

I am going to use a system I invented called comedy points (still in the making). I will award your characters with comedy points, which can be used to add comedic effects to rolls, attacks, etc. They will normally make something better in a funny way. I will decide how many each PC gets by how much I like the character concept.

Looking for 3-5 Players, 4 preferred. Any takers?

Timothy

First Post
Well, buddy you can sure as hell count me in!

Race: halfling
Class: Halfling
Alignment: Halfling
Place of Birth: Krynn..........

Well, assuming you still want me after this....

Timothy

First Post
hmm, this will be the first halfling on the boards, I guess I'm cured of halfling-itis (my first gaming buddies always said I had that.)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So how do I make a Level 2 Fiendish Bloodstained Megajuju Mindflayer Paladin?

but I'm in for the game - if only I can work this out

(maybe a Goblin might work instead...)

Krug

Newshound
Sounds interesting. Sign me up for... a Kobold Sorcerer with a lizard pet. :) He's convinced the lizard is the progeny of the Great Dragon Skalarx.

Here you go:

Yarsh the Weakling, 2nd level Sorcerer
Str: 8-4 (rac)=4 (-3)
Dex: 16+2(rac)=18 (+4)
Con: 12 (+1)
Int: 12 (+1)
Wis: 10
Cha: 16 (+3)

HD: 2d6+2 HP: 12 AL: N
BAB: +1 (-2 Melee/+5 ranged)
Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +3

Armor: None AC: 14 (10 flat-footed)
Skills: (24)
Concentration 4 ranks=+5
Spellcraft 4 ranks=+5
Kn (Arcana) 3 ranks=+4
Alchemy 2 ranks= +3
Hide (cc) 4 ranks=+6
Move Silently (cc) 4 ranks=+6
Search +2 rac= +3
Craft (Trapmaking) +2 +3 rank +1 Int =+6

Feats: Extend Spell
Spells:
6 0 level/5 1st level
0 level: Detect Magic, Prestidigation, Mending, Read Magic, Daze
1st level: Sleep, Magic Missile

Armor: None
Weapons:
MW Light Crossbow with 20 bolts (+6/1d8/19-20/x2/80 ft)
Shortspear (1d8/x3/20 ft)
Dagger (1d4/x3)

Gear: Backpack with Waterskin, one day's rations, bedroll, sack, flint and steel, Hooded lantern, 5pints of oil, Spell component pouch, Case with 10 bolts, CLW potion

Background:
Yarsh looks like a standard kobold except for a goldish patch on his head. He is fond of poultry eggs, particularly duck and quail.

Yarsh is weak, even for a kobold. He did find he had quite a few occult powers, and has honed them while he was part of the Vile Lizards clan. His clan was wiped out by a group of brutal orcs, and now he wanders around looking for companions and solace, biding his time and increasing his power.

He is convinced that his lizard familiar is the incarnation of the Great Dragon Skarlarx who will lead his tribe back again.

He also holds a few eggs from his tribe that he keeps in good storage. One day he will hatch them and his tribe will once again rise from the um... eggshells...

He makes a living by making small trips and his alchemical skills.

Familiar:
Skarlarx, lizard

Last edited:

Timothy

First Post
One Monkey to rule them all......

I'll be going for a halfling druid with a monkey (chimpansee or something) I'll try to have the char up tonight.

Wippit Guud

First Post
Comic game, eh?
Will you allow the book Encyclopedia Arcana - Chaos Magic by Mongoose? :)

(I can understand it being no, inventing your own spells is crazy).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads